HIPS, what is your view?

Bob Dole wrote

Its no need to get all riled up over this at the end ofthe day your going after pay

I shall be paying zilch as my home will NEVER go up for sale.

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
From what I can gather NI and Scotland have a system which has been in place for years and works well and they could just have adopted this.
Its another case of bumbling ministers unable to back down when they know thay are wrong and just force their nonsense unto the people anyway.
IMO. ;)

One of those occassions where I agree with you entirely!!

When I left Australia they were bringing in a 'log book' for each house. The house searches were made once and entered into the logbook. If the current homeowner added something like an extension then all the documents were added to the log book. They were simply passed on to the next buyer and the onus was on 'owner disclosure' about the house whilst he had it. He was legally liable to give information to the buyer - or foot the bill afterwards if he didn't disclose.

Why are we so b1oody backwards in this country. It's so obvious it hurts!.

Sponsored Links
BOB D.O.L.E said:
Ther,s no need to get all riled up over this at the end of the day your going after pay. So after all this blubbering back chAT among yourselfs,
At the end of the day your going to have to pay your God up there or your God down here ( me). We are here to help the planet and we only charge £125 per inspection, or you can face the ultimate price fryed earth on toast.

Thing is tho bobby quite a few people put their house on market to see if it generates any interest. If they gotto pay upfront first, perhaps they wont bother=less houses on market= plenty of hips inspectors :LOL:

Actually this is what happend on my last move and was suprised to get several potential buyers whithin a week. Now if I had to go though all this **** of paying up front for some twot with a clipboard and pay up front before I even put house up for sale. I would probably not have bothered.
Buying and selling a house is expensive and traumatic enough without all this crap.....

rubbish ??? i said C.R.A.P. >>>mumbles at auto Censor!!!!

Calm Down Calm Down confidentincompetent at the end of the day la we are helping yea to sell yea house.

BOB D.O.L.E said:
Calm Down Calm Down confidentincompetent at the end of the day la we are helping yea to sell yea house.

Hee Heeee want some help printing beggin flyere's booby. If it does get goin the banks will recruit their own hip opps, not faild plumbers or d/g spives..lol

Dan_Robinson said:
Why are we so b1oody backwards in this country. It's so obvious it hurts!.

Have to agree with you there Dan, it's flippin agony :mad:

HIPS !
Should I trust a survey or any other report when some one else has paid. After all I expect that, any survey and report covering any aspect of the Hips rule will have a time limit on it ,so any body who produced such reports will be absolved from responsibility.So the seller will be in the frame to be sued if the purchaser decides twelve months or more down the line that a fault has come to light.
My felling is that I would want a survey carried out by some one selected and paid by me. Of course that does mean that I should have to take responsibility for my own actions.
My jaundiced view is that the surveyors,solicitors,estate agents and the government will make out of the deal.
LETS take on another 10000 civil servants who can't read or write.to administer the dictates,but can take all their sick day allowance.

chaotic said:
...I expect that, any survey and report covering any aspect of the Hips rule will have a time limit on it...
You expect it, but do you know it?

...so any body who produced such reports will be absolved from responsibility.So the seller will be in the frame to be sued if the purchaser decides twelve months or more down the line that a fault has come to light.
Did you know that there's a statutory time limit on bringing a civil action against someone for negligence? And that it's much longer than 12 months?

My jaundiced view is that the surveyors,solicitors,estate agents and the government will make out of the deal.
Well then, dare to be different and stop having a jaundiced view.

LETS take on another 10000 civil servants who can't read or write.to administer the dictates,but can take all their sick day allowance.
What is this based on?

I feel sorry for the mugs that are training to be inspectors. There are already thousands of them and a never ending stream of them entering a system for a finite number of inspectors required. With a promise of £50k per year for just a few hours training, every bored housewife or long-term unemployed no-hoper is going in for it. They'll soon be cutting each other's throats in a price war.

And at the end of the day, for what end? You still need searches and you still need a survey. So what's it all about? (Alfie)

confidentincompetent said:
BOB D.O.L.E said:

Hee Heeee want some help printing beggin flyere's booby. If it does get goin the banks will recruit their own hip opps, not faild plumbers or d/g spives..lol

Failed Plumber im not a plumber dog breath.

Sponsored Links
Back