HIPS, what is your view?

softus, you bet all those professional bodies will keep their backsides fireproofed.So the vendor will be in the hot seat. I was brought up to believe that "us commoners "should never question a professional, how wrong that is. My credo is now, if its a professional telling the truth don't trust him an inch! That be any of them from teachers down to doctors solicitors to name but a few.Oh yes, and politicians.And I should have spelt your name with a capitol letter. :(

Sponsored Links
IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 3 BEDROOMS THOUGH IT DID NOT APPLY.
HARD TO GIVE MY MOBILE HOME A CLEAN BILL AS IT SAILS ITS WAY THROUGH GLOUCESTER ;) CAPITALS I KNOW ;)

chaotic said:
LETS take on another 10000 civil servants who can't read or write.to administer the dictates,but can take all their sick day allowance.
What is this based on?

chaotic said:
I was brought up to believe that "us commoners "should never question a professional, how wrong that is. My credo is now, if its a professional telling the truth don't trust him an inch!
IMHO neither point of view is a balanced or sensible one.

I should have spelt your name with a capitol letter. :(
Perhaps I should have used my full name, which is Softus D.C. :D

Softus said:
chaotic said:
LETS take on another 10000 civil servants who can't read or write.to administer the dictates,but can take all their sick day allowance.
What is this based on?

Dear Wife,

How else is this going to be administered if they don't employ at least that many. Obvously an exact figure would be terribly difficult to say so please take this as a 'say' figure.

By the law of Ocams Razor the whole concept of HIP's is flawed.

I'm sure a response from yourself actually detailing your points of view rather than just stating them would be very welcomed and would make interesting reading. As you are the only individual who seems to be supporting HIP's and have tirelessly argued against the majority view, I think this would only be right and proper.

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
From what I can gather NI and Scotland have a system which has been in place for years and works well and they could just have adopted this.

you understand wrong. its hopelessly flawed. the surveyors are basically told by the colluding solicitors what the value of the house is to be set at.

the basic survey more or less shows that the property is still standing. it shows nothing of any interest and purchasers only get a survey done because they wont get a mortgage without it.

nickso said:
you understand wrong. its hopelessly flawed. the surveyors are basically told by the colluding solicitors what the value of the house is to be set at.
Anyone who thinks that the same doesn't happen with UK building societies and surveyors is hopelessly naive.

the basic survey more or less shows that the property is still standing. it shows nothing of any interest and purchasers only get a survey done because they wont get a mortgage without it.
Again - how does that differ from the previous UK system?

didnt say it was any different. balenza seemed to think that there was a vastly superior system in scotland or NI.

i merely wished to point out that there wasnt. my thoughts on whether or not this was prevalent countrywide were not in question until you raised it just now.

Thanks Softus District Columbia.
To answer your questions as to my sanity.
I pick up a news paper and look at the headings on the pages, one does not need to read the article, to make one feel sick at what society has fallen to. It is well known that civilizations climb to decadence and then crash to oblivion.
We are well on our way and the political leaders of this country are afraid to stand up to the evil around.

nickso said:
didnt say it was any different. balenza seemed to think that there was a vastly superior system in scotland or NI. i merely wished to point out that there wasnt.
Ah. I apologise. I don't read BigBurn's posts so, rather stupidly, it hadn't dawned on me that you were replying to something that was nonsense in the first place. Sorry.

chaotic said:
To answer your questions as to my sanity.
I didn't question your sanity, but I did ask the following questions:

You expect it, but do you know it?
Did you know that there's a statutory time limit on bringing a civil action against someone for negligence? And that it's much longer than 12 months?
What is this based on?
You said:
pick up a news paper and look at the headings on the pages, one does not need to read the article, to make one feel sick at what society has fallen to. It is well known that civilizations climb to decadence and then crash to oblivion.
We are well on our way and the political leaders of this country are afraid to stand up to the evil around.
Whilst I have no particular basis on which to disagree with any of that, it doesn't appear to be a either an answer to any of my questions, or evidence of sanity or insanity. To be blunt, I'm not sure of the relevance of it.

Softus said:
nickso said:
didnt say it was any different. balenza seemed to think that there was a vastly superior system in scotland or NI. i merely wished to point out that there wasnt.
Ah. I apologise. I don't read BigBurn's posts so, rather stupidly, it hadn't dawned on me that you were replying to something that was nonsense in the first place. Sorry.

no problem. i did think it was an odd post from you.

nickso wrote

didnt say it was any different. balenza seemed to think that there was a vastly superior system in scotland or NI.

Did I say that ?? . I dont think so. :rolleyes:
Do you have any idea how the NI and Scottish systems operate ?
I doubt it. :rolleyes:

i merely wished to point out that there wasnt.

You have no idea have you ?. :rolleyes:

nickso wrote

balenza seemed to think that there was a vastly superior system in scotland or NI.

Softus wrote

For once I agree with you. :D

I don't read BigBurn's posts so

Don't tell lies . :LOL:

Balenza said:
nickso wrote

Did I say that ?? . I dont think so. :rolleyes:

no i did. you just quoted it. you said that there was a system that worked well in scotland or NI and seemed to be inferring that it was better than the any other. its not as its still subject to cheats out to profit on its shortcomings.

i know as much about it as any other person who has bought a house in scotland.

im led to believe that is the same as the NI system. if its not i apologise.

You have no idea have you ?.

and you do i suppose.

Sponsored Links
Back