Hob wiring advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I've just bought a new zanussi ceramic hob to replace my old one which was wired into the cooker/oven switch. Upon opening the new hob I have found it has 3 core and Earth flex - brown, black, blue and Earth.

Please could some one advise me how this should be terminated in the cooker switch and why not it's not just twin and Earth.

Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored Links
I can't find the model number right now but just seen a diagram on the underneath side. Looks like two of the cables are terminated as live and one as neutral when running at 240v and If running at 400v the two lives look to be running separately - from what I can understand from the diagram.

Sponsored Links
That's great thanks, got all zanussi appliances and the installation manuals are very poor.

Thanks for all the advice. One last thing, is It acceptable for the hob and oven to be wired straight into the 50amp cooker switch? Assuming I can fit the cables into the back box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back