Home insurance claim - any experiance ?

Sponsored Links
Could be a coincidence.

Next you'll be suggesting that at this precise moment in time, no flood has yet taken place and the op has also taken an extreme dislike to his parquet floor :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

A long time ago, I "ignored" joe90. Haven't regretted it yet!

And posts like these remind me what a good idea it was...

A long time ago, I "ignored" joe90. Haven't regretted it yet!

And posts like these remind me what a good idea it was...

It's ok mate. You live in your fools paradise where everyone is good and no-one is dishonest. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
And what about you joe? Where do you live? In a world where the majority have ulterior and selfish reasons. Why not join those of us who prefer to see the positive in people.

I live on my wits. I don't get fooled by scammers.

I live on my wits. I don't get fooled by scammers.
Nor do I, but I don't have to go round on the assumption that everyone I meet is a scammer. There's an expression that refers to judging others by one's own standards.

In my opinion judging by this guys previous posts and the tone of the post I'd say he was on the make. That's my opinion - you can have yours.

Well lets wait and see what Vort28, comes up with in response......
thinking-023.GIF

i think its unfair to put it as 40 percent are fraudulent

40% contain errors or inaccuracies either deliberate or accidental

now off those claims probably 90% are exagerating the value from a very very small amount to maybe 10% overinflating the value
and perhaps the other 10 percent will account for most off the overvaluation /fraudulent claims

For the sake of accuracy, where does this figure of 4 out of 10 come from? Where is this published?

And while we're on the subject of inaccurate claims, how many of us haven't bothered to claim for some things that would have been eligible, for whatever reason (neglect, saving no-claims, within excess, laziness etc)?

Obviously I emptied about 300 gallons of water into my house just to get a new boiler. Its what you want when you go away for Christmas to come back to your house with water running out of your front door.
So for the price of a replacement boiler I have completely wreaked half of my house , that seems like a good idea .
And to answer your question YES they have paid for a nice shiny new boiler , advance payment to help dry the house out , Its the other 30k of damage I concerned about.
Hope it happens to you some day.
Thanks for all the help.

£30K???? I could fix it myself for £3k. I'm in the wrong job. Enjoy your nice shiny new boiler (that was a scrapper anyway - you said that yourself.)

I'll just keep on paying higher premiums to help you out. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back