Hoover 230SE - Noisy Spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 year old Hoover has just started to make a loud banging noise when its spinning.

A large washer (45-50mm dia) appeared from under the machine last week.

It still works but is very noisy.

Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Look underneath the machine and ckeck for play in the bottom front concrete weight. This is screwed to the front of the drum with large self tapping screws.

I have looked under the machine, and right enough, the concrete weight is very loose.

I cant see where it should be attached. Can the front panel come of the machine or is there an easier way??

Cheers

Further investigation.......I have taken the top panel off and exposed the top concrete block. This is secured using the identical bolt and washer which have fallen out under the machine.

All I need to know now is how to get to the concrete bloch wich is under the door.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
no idea about your m/c (short of taking the front off) but you could try un plugging it, remove all pipes and put m/c on its back

You might end up just buying a new machine. You may need to remove the whole outer drum, which, if memory serves correctly, has to be lifted out of the top. obviously the timer, soap drawer housing etc has to be removed first. You may then find that one or more of the lugs on the plastic drum where the weight locates are broken off so that a new drum front half is required. I've known a 2 year old Hoover machine be scrapped when the concrete block fell off completely. If the screws have just worked loose you may be able to get at them to tighten them by removing the door seal from the front of the cabinet and working through the door aperture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back