Hot water in cold tap for 30 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the bathroom sink when you turn on the cold tap, there is really hot water for about 30 seconds.

is there an explanation for this.

I have a Baxi boiler.

Sponsored Links
Not usually the hot water pipes, but the heating pipes touching the cold feed to the tap in question

Sponsored Links
ive got one of those telephone mixer shower taps in the Bath,

The pipes leading down from the basin seem to reasonalby apart from each other!

Thanks for your replies

Look, it's the heating pipes not the hot water pipes. Hot water pipes aren't hot long enough to give this problem, and it would only happen when you'd drawn off hot water. If you have a hot water cylinder and the 3 port valve or whatever in an airing cupboard, have a good look there as the pipes often cross each other there, perhaps under the floor. The bad news is you have to separate them and insulate them which means a bit of work. Not to be alarmist, but warm cold water pipes between 20 and 50 C are a good way to grow legionella, so you ought to sort it out for your family's health. If your system is not as I imagine, i.e. traditional with hot water cylinder etc. you'll need to give more details

hemclio said:
ive got one of those telephone mixer shower taps in the Bath,

And you admit it in a public forum? Have you no shame?

joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back