hotpoint wdd960 does not fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope rocks1 reads this :)

The machine refuses to fill and after a couple of minutes gives the error low water pressure.

There is no problem with the water supply.

I have checked the 4 solenoid valves for continuity and they all have approximately the same resistance (about 3kohms).

When the machine is switched on, the voltage across the solenoids reads 0, but when a cycle is started, the voltage across all 4 solenoids measures about 70V. If the cycle is paused, the voltage returns to 0V

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Looking like a pcb fault send it to emw for checking only cost you a fiver if not faulty.

Thanks rocks - do you have contact details for emw ?

BTW, do you know what the operating voltage for the solenoids is ?

Sponsored Links
rocks - thanks again - emw gave great service - the module fixed the problem

BTW, I see that several people struggle to get the drum belt back on - I looped it around the motor pulley and the hooked as much of it as i could over the drum pulley then rotated the drum whilst easing it on - like putting on a bike chain - not easy but it worked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back