house alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i,m having trouble with my house alarm i have a c&k securitech and i have no lights on the censors and there .s no noise coming out of them or the control panel i have decorated recently as i have an intruder alarm in my bedroom what can i do to make it work again

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you've damaged an alarm cable, which has blown the AUX fuse in your control panel. This would remove power from all PIRs, and any other powered detectors, and can also affect other parts of the system if more fuses have blown. There is a slice/break in the cable somewhere that needs re-connecting. Then the fuses need to be replace. Consult a registered security alarm installer.

i beg to differ, if aux supply has gone then panel should indicate something is wrong, if mains turned off and battery goes flat you have no lights, (or sound if sab batttery is flat)

but as the question was aksed nearly 3 weeks ago, i dont suppose you will get a reply from origonal poster (its only post by them)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
but as the question was aksed nearly 3 weeks ago, i dont suppose you will get a reply from origonal poster (its only post by them)
Maybe someone broke in and nicked the PC....

breezer said:
i beg to differ, if aux supply has gone then panel should indicate something is wrong, if mains turned off and battery goes flat you have no lights, (or sound if sab batttery is flat)

The C&K Securit is a basic panel, and the only "fault" indication it gives is the Tamper LED, which only lights when a wire is cut, or a cover is remeoved, not when a Fuse blows. The user did'nt say anything about the lights on the panel being off, so I'm assuming it's recieving power, which would indicate that something is wrong with the aux supply to the detectors. Without further input from the user, however, it's hard to tell exactly.

alarm_guy said:
The user did'nt say anything about the lights on the panel being off, so I'm assuming it's recieving power.

the poster never said anything about the lights being on either (the panel not the pir's) and NEVER assume anything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back