How did you vote?

I voted ...

• Remain

• Leave

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted with my unconscious because it's a no-brainer. :whistle:

That was lucky for you.
Yep, lucky I can see through the desperate and empty promises of Johnson and Farage.
I guess you can't. That's a shame, but it's your shame.

The irony is that preachers like you just didn't realise how many people you turned to Brexit, myself included. I'm sure all Brexiteers would like to thank both you and John D from the bottom of their hearts for assisting so much in this great victory.

Sponsored Links
I was expecting more likely discussion by now. No post mortem, guys? How about:
62605060.jpg

Sponsored Links
So who's suddenly overtaken us. Our GDP hasn't dropped overnight.

The value of it and companies (Stock exchange) has dropped and is now below France.

That was when down to sixth. Not sure if it has dropped another one.

I think you may find someone is playing around with figures. We're the 5th largest economy because it's based on GDP, and that's turnover rather than value. Our stock market dropped, but rebounded, and is still higher than it was a couple of months ago.

I think you may find someone is playing around with figures. We're the 5th largest economy because it's based on GDP, and that's turnover rather than value. Our stock market dropped, but rebounded, and is still higher than it was a couple of months ago.

Don't spoil it for those who want to bring our country down :p It's all some of them have.

Yes it is, so it's possible that as the pound has dropped against the dollar, they've done a quick and dirty recalculation on the 2015 figures.

The economies of France and the UK are quite similar in size, so they jockey for position in the charts, sometimes one is ahead, sometimes the other. We've chosen to change our international trading arrangements and abandon an alliance, so it is only to be expected that our figures will change.

There is nothing surprising or unexpected in the Express article.

Our stock market dropped, but rebounded, and is still higher than it was a couple of months ago.

"A couple of months" includes only the run-up to the referendum, when people were already backing away. Stand back a bit and you can see what happened longer term and as we got nearer, including some ups and downs as people thought the vote was headed one way or another.

upload_2016-6-25_21-58-13.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back