how easy

Sponsored Links
Just one question..........Why would you want to? unless its damaged. They are much simpler to follow.(wiring by numbers) and less confusing for diyers.

I dont think only getting 50v is anything to do with a faulty junc box more likely a bad neutral connection or a faulty motorised valve.

Sponsored Links
probably more to do with him blowing the fuse then putting in a 13a fuse and trying again :eek: new programmer and probably a new reciever for his rf stat as well, plus a bit of a rewire...expensive mistake.

probably more to do with him blowing the fuse then putting in a 13a fuse and trying again :eek: new programmer and probably a new reciever for his rf stat as well, plus a bit of a rewire...expensive mistake.

Do people seriously do that?! :eek:

Mr. W.

I agree it is unlikely that the Honeywell wiring centre is causing the 50v.

However, it is by no means impossible, we have been out on two faults in the last five years or so where the printed circuit on the rear of the wiring centre has been arcing.

Really difficult to find, too, because you always assume the fault is elsewhere, and the board is riveted to the base plastic of the box. I was there till 10pm on the first one, I assume nothing now.

We don't use them now, prefer the Drayton LWC1 or the similar Danfoss version. No silly and pointless uninsulated fuse holders in these to get a shock off, either.

Have you tried taking the programmer L&N feed cables out of the Honeywell terminal block and placing them in the main 230v mains input terminal connectors?

This will prove whether the wiring centre is your problem.

Changing one out is simple but commonly messed up by DIYers......and some so called heating engineers :eek:

I bet the programmer was a three bar electric fire for a few miliseconds.

just replaced wiring centre with the simple 10 way 15A junction all works fine. phewww.

Now just need to work out how to wire in new wireless dt92E

existing system has 3 core red blue and yellow 1 2 3 E . new has N L L A B C
connected yellow to B as switched live.
Red to A with link to L
blue to neutral.
system on continually does not swith off??

old stat had 1 2 3 E new has N L L A B C can find anywhere what the letter translate backwards to???

does the dt92E wireless require wiring straight to the boiler not :?: the wiring centre. if so how does the pump get the signal to pump?

I suspect you have wired as per diagram A on your instruction sheet.

This would give a permanant live output.

Wire up as per diagram B. Red to A. Yellow to B.

This will now use the boiler live to switch on and off.

currently stat connects to 3 port onto the programmer via 1 , to the neutral via 2 and whiteof 3 port via 3.
I have connected .
Red to A with link to L ( should link be removed, i no perm live)
yellow to B as switched live

as conncted above gave perm on.

:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back