How to replace fascia board butt joint

When using jumbo fascia the two pieces of fascia must both meet on a rafter. This ensures you can perfectly level up your join and your polypins won’t bounce around when nailing the joiner which should be nailed on the one side only. That right hand side fascia will always move around now.

Sponsored Links
When using jumbo fascia the two pieces of fascia must both meet on a rafter. This ensures you can perfectly level up your join and your polypins won’t bounce around when nailing the joiner which should be nailed on the one side only. That right hand side fascia will always move around now.

I'm probably going to remove the guttering (I did it before to paint the boards and it wasn't too difficult) so that I can put two new screws in the right hand board. The top screws are behind the guttering, so impossible to do without removing it.

I'm not sure if the fascia is thin or thick. If thick, I may not be able to screw it to anything as the chances are there won't be a rafter behind it at the required fixing point. If thin, I would expect there to be a fitted timber board, so I will be able to screw the fascia into that (hopefully).

Because this was a new extension and because this joint has been broken by movement, my suspicion is that the fascia board will be the thick type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back