hw problem on sime combi

mag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sime super 90 combi approx 6 year old. when running hot tap flow has to be bouncing of the sink before solenoids and burner kicks in. ok for running a bath, no good for basins . any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
My guess would be that there is a damaged diaphragm valve on the hot-water side of the boiler which now only works at high flow rates. Common problem, but cannot be sure because I don't know the internals of the Sime 90.

Replace diaphragm or complete valve - not usually too complex / expensive but CORGI job.

Sime spa website complete waste of time - although it has English language options none of the useful material is actually in English!

I have a Sime Super 80 with exactly the same problem, CH is fine but for the boiler to kick in for the DHW, the bathroom or kitchen taps have to be turned on fully. Just wondering if you ever found out what was wrong with the boiler. From what I can gather it sounds like the Diverter Valve needs cleaning/replacing!??

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sound like the diverter is sticking or as previously said its diaphram ,new diverter about 60 quid or about 20 for diaphram on its own, dont look fun to get too but they never are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back