I hate London.

E

EddieM

Why? because it's multicultural, nope couldn't care less about that, no because it's massively overpopulated, really hard to get anywhere quickly, and the public transport system is rubbish at the weekends. Best thing about London? any train out of the hell hole.

Sponsored Links
Why? because it's multicultural, nope couldn't care less about that, no because it's massively overpopulated, really hard to get anywhere quickly, and the public transport system is rubbish at the weekends. Best thing about London? any train out of the hell hole.

Oh dear, have you been shopping in Oxford street with the Missus :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
London is best suited for the rich, or the young imo! It's very expensive to live, shop, drive and park there.. and when young, it's still interesting and fun enough to not mind all the crappy parts of living there. Old age tends to make most of us crabby and impatient :)

London is best suited for the rich, or the young imo! It's very expensive to live, shop, drive and park there.. and when young, it's still interesting and fun enough to not mind all the crappy parts of living there. Old age tends to make most of us crabby and impatient :)

Again true, when I was young(ish) I loved working in the city, now, you couldn't drag me there.

I've recently pulled out of London working.
I have to go every now and then but that suits.
Got a call from Harley Street yesterday I tried talking my self out of it but she goes on I'm the only one who knows her set up.. I text her and gave her my cost for going up there and think she must have got Pimlico plumbers in as not heard back from her
I will not go unless it's big money now

Last edited by a moderator:
London has a lot going on but you actually have to make use of the opportunities and have the cash to do it to actually LIVE in London and not just exist in it. It's a tough place to live but it's the devil you know.

It's got to be worth £100 an hour (@the job) If I wasn't 1+hour away by van ( when I was working ) I would have ventured there. Problem is the buggers come down to Sussex and then spend 1 1/2 hours on a train each way to/from their poxy offices. I've never seen the sense in that for a salaried job.

A lot of people love it though. I used to live and work in London, left a long time ago. But was back last Friday for a work do, and it was good to be back, for an evening.

Unless you are constantly out doing country walks, cycling, watching tractors etc, it is not that different from suburban life anywhere, the main difference being that you have everything you want a bus or tube ride away.

But, I'm glad to be out in sub-rural Essex.

Great to visit and live there whilst you don't have kids. Brilliant place to live if you are a UHNWI but I am more of a country bumpkin - I love the outdoors.

I liked London up to the 80s before it was enriched by diversity. English was still the main language in those days. Was a lot safer - could wander lots of places that are now off limits, eg. right up to the front door of no.10. But then, in those days the police still enforced law and order. Also looks a bit $h!t having concrete fortifications across bridges and around Westminster to stop those nice, dark skinned hipsters from mowing people down.

London's now a whole 'nuther country. Jabs and phrase book advisable.

Bet London is full of Muff.

I’d like to go there again, last time we had a flying visit to the Natural History Museum and a walk through Hyde Park and the surrounding area.

I’d like a week there with my missus.

Sponsored Links
Back