I hate London.

radicales
Is that word meant to read ridiculous or radicals?

I should imagine that most who jump on a soapbox preaching to anyone that will listen, are not going there to discuss pensioner discount day at B & Q.(y)

Sponsored Links
I can remember having to get from North London to just the other side of Chelsea Bridge
I remember fondly (not) living in Chiswick and commuting to Grove Road when we were working on Rachel Whiteread's 'House' back in the '90's. Horrendous journey and that was only about an hour and ten each way.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't say I hate London, but I am always very glad to leave it if ever I get sent down there on a work meeting. Such a sense of a relief on the next train back up here.

I personally find it unwelcoming, dirty, almost alien -- I don't feel any connection to it. Most of its characteristics are that of many capital cities I suppose but whenever a foreign visitor asks at work about it I never recommend going there to see "real Britain".

I remember fondly (not) living in Chiswick and commuting to Grove Road when we were working on Rachel Whiteread's 'House' back in the '90's. Horrendous journey and that was only about an hour and ten each way.
Chiswick has always been terrible traffic, prob because right by the Hammersmith flyover. Your mate's brother had it made with a house there, so expensive.

London is really good fun for the young I think. Plethora of places to eat, drink and have a good time :)

London is really good fun for the young I think. Plethora of places to eat, drink and have a good time :)

Just don't forget to re-mortgage your house before you go though. Last time I went out for some drinks I had spent nearly £20 on 3 pints of bitter...

Just don't forget to re-mortgage your house before you go though. Last time I went out for some drinks I had spent nearly £20 on 3 pints of bitter...
Ouch!! Grins. Perhaps go to a bar that's less trendy!! ;)

I've been to Euston station approximately 7000 times travelling about 350,000 miles in the process. :eek:

All at a rough cost of £50,000. Probably explains why I'm not keen on the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to Euston station approximately 7000 times travelling about 350,000 miles in the process. :eek:

All at a rough cost of £50,000. Probably explains why I'm not keen on the place.
Life is too short and precious for that crap

Sponsored Links
Back