ideal classic combi nf 80 - honeywell valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a ideal classic NF80 Combi boiler and the honeywell V4044c valve is sticking in the heating (A) postion and sometimes slowly returns after a while. Can this valve be cleaned or freed up? I can get a repacement but at a cost of 150+ Vat for a like for like, but would a standard honeywell valve not fit?

The V4044c valve on the boiler has only three wires, L, N and Earth, instead of the other extra grey, white and orange on the six wire valves. Do these wires only relate to the micro swithing and could they be simply cut off and not used??

I know the V4044c has only two positions , AB-A and AB-B.
Could the V4044f Valve be used instead?

Sponsored Links
its not mate, its a three port valve, only not a mid position one.

Read a previous post on this subject and Kev Plumb knows a bit about these boilers, any chance of you giving some advice!!?

This will be a Honeywell diverter valve.

All Ideal done with these was to use a standard classic, diverter valve and secondary hE on top of the boiler, if that's the one I'm thinking of.

Sponsored Links
yeah thats the pile of sh**.! Is it pssible to use a standard valve (mid pos) valve body and use the old actuator , cos i feel its just the body thats full of crap? prob fit new motor too?
Is it the 4073?

What you need is the V4044C. This is a standard Honeywell divertor valve.

I've just checked the parts breakdown and the Ideal part description also states V4044C.

It appears they are the same, but as I have never replaced one of these I cannot gaurantee it 100%.

The main difference is that the Ideal one is about 3 times the price of the Honeywell version :eek:

yeah, cheers i know i need that valve, but it costs around 150 plus vat, are you saying honeywell sell it cheaper?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back