Ideal evoHE

L

longdogs

Hi guys

My boiler is driving me insane. It's an Ideal evo HE C22/30. When the heating goes off (on timer) it doesn't actually shut off. The only way to shut it off is by the isolator switch. I can only get hot water when the heating is on. This started a couple of weeks back when I noticed a change in the boiler sound on firing up. On checking the pressure gauge, I found that it was on zero (no leaks). I re-pressurised it and it's been ok.

I'm guessing that the problem is the diverter valve but wanted to ask for opinions before buying the part.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
with the heating switched off. turn dhw on ,feal the far left pipe under boiler this is the ch flow, if it heats up then yes it will be div, check you dont have a dripping hot tap somewhere

Thanks superman. I will try with the help of my glamorous assistant as the boiler is a crawl away in the loft.

Cheers

Hi Superman.

I was unable to test as you suggested because as soon as I switch the boiler on at the isolator switch, the heating comes on regardless of what the control box says: on, off, auto, all day etc. Didn't have a chance to draw on DHW with a cold ch flow pipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back