Ideal ICOS HE12, No CH but have HW

Not just you, reset button can be very awkward on these, best to use small blunt object. Reset button will only work once boiler sequence has finished.

Reset button only works for 'F' fault code. if 'H' code you need to turn power off to reset!

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Just how do you demand hot water

out of interest?

By turning the taps on. This fires up the boiler. The seperate programmer for the boiler can be programmed to switch the boiler to HW and CH

Which digital readout are you referring to? The only one on the boiler is the one displaying 'C'.

It has now reverted back to the flashing LED and still no heat.

Turning a tap on to demand hot water is a typical characteristic of a combi boiler !

Tony

Agile said:
Has the PCB been changed as far as you know?

Does anyone know how it responds if a combi set one is put in a heat only version?

Tony

I have set it to CH only on the programmer.

The boiler is displaying 'C' but the LED is not on and no noise from the boiler

Sponsored Links
The boiler has now reverted to the 'O' setting on CH only.

I think, that as far as the boiler is concerned there is no demand for CH by the programmer or thermostat. Would that be right?

If so, how do I let it know that there is demand?

You apply 230v to the "call for heat" connection on the chocolate block which plugs into the bottom of the boiler to provide power etc.

Tony

DarrenD said:
corgiman said:
Just how do you demand hot water

out of interest?

By turning the taps on. This fires up the boiler. The seperate programmer for the boiler can be programmed to switch the boiler to HW and CH

Which digital readout are you referring to? The only one on the boiler is the one displaying 'C'.

It has now reverted back to the flashing LED and still no heat.

that aint no icos

Has your timer got 2 channels, one saying heating, other saying h/w. How many copper pipes does the boiler have connected under it? Boiler display at 'o' means no demand from extenal source.

It definitely is one

icos_he_tech.jpg

And I have described the characteristics of what it does to the best of my knowledge

gas4you said:
Has your timer got 2 channels, one saying heating, other saying h/w. How many copper pipes does the boiler have connected under it? Boiler display at 'o' means no demand from extenal source.

It does have two channels.

Two pipes are connected beneath it

This looks like an open vent icos, but why is it displaying 'D'. This seems to point to a pcb fault. Icos should display 'c' whether your timer has called for heat or hot water!

Refer to my previous question about timer!

gas4you said:
This looks like an open vent icos, but why is it displaying 'D'. This seems to point to a pcb fault. Icos should display 'c' whether your timer has called for heat or hot water!

That picture was just an example pulled off Ideal's website.

Mine doesn't display 'd'

Mine does display C normally when HW or CH is called upon.

But at present, if Heat is requested from the programmer 'O' is being displayed

I still suspect then that you timer/programmer has glitched out with the power outage, or may be it has lost the ch times etc. Try reset button on timer and then program all times etc back in. If this doesn't work I would suspect any 3 port or 2 port valves you have in your system.

I thought you had posted a pic of yours to help us :rolleyes:

Boiler is not getting signal from timer to turn heating on. 'O' is boiler at rest waiting for a command!

gas4you said:

The external source would be the programmer and thermostat? Yes?

I have requested CH only from the programmer, and I the thermostat on the wall and on radiators are all set to high

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back