Ideal ICOS HE12, No CH but have HW

gas4you said:
I still suspect then that you timer/programmer has glitched out with the power outage, or may be it has lost the ch times etc. Try reset button on timer and then program all times etc back in. If this doesn't work I would suspect any 3 port or 2 port valves you have in your system.

I will reprogram the times in, I do have the option for All Day, which I have put it on at present.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
DarrenD said:
gas4you said:
I still suspect then that you timer/programmer has glitched out with the power outage, or may be it has lost the ch times etc. Try reset button on timer and then program all times etc back in. If this doesn't work I would suspect any 3 port or 2 port valves you have in your system.

I will reprogram the times in, I do have the option for All Day, which I have put it on at present.

Thanks for your help.

Reset button first ;)

Sponsored Links
Im still placing money on a dicky end switch in a mid position valve.

I think from the vague info we have got, it is safe to say the boiler is NOT faulty at all.......rare with an ICOS but true in this instance.

DarrenD said:
Its a Danfoss CP715

Reset button behind drop down flap, right side, needs gentle push with pin or pen tip. Hold for about 5 secs.

Reset it, reprogrammed. Nothing.

If its a physical problem then I will get someone out as the heating system should be under warrenty as its under 12 months old.

I was hoping that it would be something simple as it was working fine before the power tripping out

I agree with harrogate gas, v unlikely to be boiler this time, although an extreme rarity. ideal boilers are like a pension fund to gas engineers :)

What room thermostat do you have exactly.

I have Danfoss RAS C2 Radiator thermostats and Danfoss RMT Electro-Mechanical Room Thermostat

Just checking my previous question to see if you had an RF unit but you dont.

Is red light coming on programmer when in an on period?

Do you have a 3 port valve or two 2 port valves somewhere, usually in the airing cupboard?

I agree with the others the three port valve is to blame.

Syncron motor dead probably

does the valve have any makers name on it?

when the central heating is on do you have any play in the valve lever or is it stiff? if the latter and the stat and clock all good this is your issue. the motors are suseptible to knackering if aan electrical fault has occoured.

DarrenD said:
The red light comes on.

I've got a 3 port valve in the airing cupboard

If you want us to assist you a little further then it would help if you could answer the question about the make of the three port valve.

Thats if you have not replaced it or repaired it already!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back