Ideal ICOS HE12, No CH but have HW

Its a Danfoss PBV.

I shall check the valve lever later on, I know that at the moment it is set to Auto, but there is a Manual option.

If there is play, what should I do?

Sponsored Links
I have got a very similar problem. Bled my system and since exactly the same. HW fine no CH. I can hear a bubbling noise inside the boiler. My boiler is conected to a Honeywell ST699 Timer and Thermostat and also a Harton Plumbing Unit.

Anyone any advise

I don't know what this means but the type is Ideal Icos HE12 Condensing Boiler

Sponsored Links
Icos HE 12 is open vent boiler. I do not know what a Harton Plumbing unit is though :rolleyes:

I think it does control all the water flow, it has a hot and cold water tank and I think one or 2 water pumps for HW and CH. The problem is if the boiler is heating hot water everything works fine when the boil is heating CH I hear the bubbling noise and I don't get any heat to the radiators

Back to DarrenD...

Turn the valve lever over to MAN, and turn on the hot water demand. If you get heating while the hot water is reheating then there's no fault with the boiler.

Harrogate had it several pages back, probably a failed sync motor in the 3 port valve head, or a failed microswitch in the same piece. The solution is the same, replace the valve head or complete valve.

BTW icos is heat only, the clue was in the name HE12, a 12kW combi wouldn't be much fun at bathtime!

BTW2, had my icos (m3080, 24kW) for 5 years now, never had any trouble with it, checked it with analyser every year, never above 0.0003.
Don't suppose it would cope with a dirty system though, still even a good boiler can be made into a crap one by poor installation.

the CH pump is definitly, that is located within the plumbing unit. I have figured that out because if you turn of CH on the timer the pump turns of as well.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

I cannot understand why people start bleeding radiators whenever there is any sign of a malfunction. For some it seems to be a hobby. One client made it a weekly task to bleed her radiators until she dropped the bleed pin and water water everywhere.

A raditor ONLY NEEDS to be bled IF THE TOP rib is cold and BOTTOM RIB hot. To needlessly bleed radiators means fresh water enters the system and oxygen in the fresh water has to be used by the system metal components, which is converted to sludge

Interesting thread but good information does not seem to be reaching home for effective cure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back