If the jabs are so successful...

Ask them for permission then. Come back and let us know whether your 'doctors' give permission to divulge what their thoughts on the virus are. (y)
Nothing to do with the 'virus', but I can share an opinion of one of them who has very occasionally browsed when visiting...

'That mottie is a pratt' was the observation! (y)

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the 'virus', but I can share an opinion of one of them who has very occasionally browsed when visiting...

'That mottie is a pratt' was the observation! (y)
Ah, well as you're now sharing opinions, ask them what their opinions are of the vaccination. There's a good chap. (y)

Last edited:
Officials did not disclose how much the Department of Health paid but American health chiefs spent $1.2billion (£869million) on 1.7million molnupiravir pills this summer. If the drugs are priced the same in Britain they are likely to cost around £250million

So no one actually knows what they will cost? Another lie put to bed.

Sponsored Links
True (theoretically talking and thinking globally), but the virus will have disappeared by then, because vaccination reduces the possibility of catching it, reduces the severity of it if you do catch it, and perhaps most importantly, reduces the number of variants circulating.

It may not disappear, as it can circulate forever even in a vaccinated, or naturally infected population, because there's no complete immunity from catching it. Some of those with antibodies still get the infection, and especially with the Delta and newer variant, can still pass it on.
You can calculate an effective R number from the catchability/transmission ability. If that remains over 1 then it keeps spreading. If you stop enough people meeting carriers in a way whereby they can catch it, then you wipe it out. Things like masks reduce the transmission but not much.
In the early days they were saying what percentage of the population would have to have immunity (herd) to make it die out, as 1-1/R₀. But the maths gets complicated if the transmission immunity is only partial.
The second link below shows that with 91% vaccinated and a vaccine which is 70% effective, you get herd immunity. The vaccines ARE 70% effective at stopping you dying, great - because nobody dies, but they are much less good at stopping you catching and passing on the virus.
Reffective would be a function of several numbers, like age, temperature, vaccine etc etc.

https://plus.maths.org/content/maths-minute-r0-and-herd-immunity
https://plus.maths.org/content/herd-immunity-will-protect-us-all-why-do-i-need-get-vaccinated

NB there's a new, sub Delta variant which is a bit more catchable. Numbers aren't clear yet.

Most people are little affected now, few are dying, which may be acceptable. With higher infection numbers though, more will be hospitalised, and the chance of a new new variant goes up.

The new drugs from Merck and I think Pfizer claim to stop the virus early on (nasal passages), so would reduce transmission from those who catch it.

I don't understand much of this stuff so might have something wrong, but that's the way I think it is.

I had my booster 2 weeks ago and thought yippee but heard today that some one I know in his early 40’s and had his booster 3weeks ago has tested possitive :eek::eek::(

I had my booster 2 weeks ago and thought yippee but heard today that some one I know in his early 40’s and had his booster 3weeks ago has tested possitive :eek::eek::(

Thanks to the booster, his chances of surviving the infection are greatly improved.

Well done, your acquantaince

If someone in their 40's have already had their booster, it's because they must have had their first and second jabs very early. Do they have an underlying condition that would have put them at the front of the queue or are they a health worker?

Have they been hospitalised?

If someone in their 40's have already had their booster, it's because they must have had their first and second jabs very early. Do they have an underlying condition that would have put them at the front of the queue or are they a health worker?

Have they been hospitalised?
He's Health worker and only tested positive today so early days

Sponsored Links
Back