If you don't speak English you don't belong here.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This Indian woman who wants to bring her non English speaking husband to be here thinks differently. She wants to challenge this perfectly reasonable stipulation under the human rights act. i.e. Her right to a family life and her right to marry.
So why can't she marry him and have a family life in India?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...speak-English-you-cant-belong-in-Britain.html

I bet she ends up wiinning her bleedin case and all.

Sponsored Links
so what if you're born dumb? i.e not able to speak.... does that mean you can't speak English?

.....so kill 'em !!

Sponsored Links
so what if you're born dumb?

You obviously were, to relate that to this topic. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and that's where you are limited... Law itself is a friendly concept in asmuch as it needs to embrace all of us... whereas you... well you can't do that !!!..

You will always get exceptions and people trying it on... you gotta deal with that... in order to define law !!!

The previous government decreed that anyone not born here, but wanting to settle here , must be able (at least) to communicate with the natives of these isles. I personally can't see a problem with that. This chap, can't speak a word of English far less communicate with anyone who speaks English...
How on earth is he going to find a job and support his family if he can't even communicate with people here?
No doubt, this case will end up in the European Courts, who will undoubtedly tell our government, they have to accept him. I seriously doubt whether any other European country would take notice of what the European Courts have to say on the matter, but ours will kowtow to them (as they usually do)
I have nothing against arranged marriages BTW, but it's high time our government asked people from Asia, to arrange marriages between families already resident , here in the UK. Surely there's enough Asians here without them having to go back to India/Pakistan, to arrange a marriage????

a requirement that immigrants who wished to marry a British citizen must learn English before coming to live here

Why should they? What if their spouse is willing to do their talking for them? What if they dont want to speak to any English people?
You will be making them eat fish and chips next , and lets face it sooey , you cannot speak English very well.

When I went and lived in several countries over the water no one told me I had to learn the native language.

a requirement that immigrants who wished to marry a British citizen must learn English before coming to live here

Why should they? What if their spouse is willing to do their talking for them? What if they dont want to speak to any English people?
You will be making them eat fish and chips next , and lets face it sooey , you cannot speak English very well.

Well, they can fck off back to their country of origin and moan their t1ts off about it there.

Well, they can fck off back to their country of origin and moan their t1ts off about it there.

And all the brits abroad who cant speak a word of their hoste countries and live in little british communities? Should they also feck off back home?

Nothing wrong with requiring them to at least have "conversational English" is there? At least , enough to apply for a job, and hold down a job?
Do you think you could move to Poland and get a job and keep it, if you couldn't speak Polish? "Oooh I'll take the wife to work everyday, just in case I'm asked something."
What a load of proverbial b*****ks.

What if they dont want to speak to any English people?

Simple..... don't come here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The rest of your post didn't merit a response. :rolleyes:

Dont come here unless you are prepared to speak to an English person in English ? Do you realise how stupid you sound?

If my question above did merit a response from you please respond with a sensible answer and not some ''go home'' gibberish that you usually spout.

And all the brits abroad who cant speak a word of their hoste countries and live in little british communities? Should they also f**k off back home?
They are coping quite well it would seem. Some of the countries i've worked make NO attempt to accomodate you.

But that's got nowt to do with the issue here has it. Just another of your weak answers.

Sponsored Links
Back