Im giving up smoking

A

alsheating

I have decided I have had enough of chugging on fags and am going to give up starting tomorrow morning.

keep posted for updates :eek:

Sponsored Links
How many times have you tried before?
How many a day do you smoke?

I have decided I have had enough of chugging on fags and am going to give up starting tomorrow morning.

keep posted for updates :eek:

...and you are a muslim?! Seems weird that you say any female who doesn't wear a burqa is not a muslim when you smoke yourself.

Anyway, different subject :)

Good luck mate, set yourself a timetable, for example after X amount of days your lungs will be starting to recover, your taste buds start coming back to life...:)

Gum really helps BTW, I speak from experience.

Sponsored Links
Its been a terrible start to giving up once again, I have already been to the shops and bought some smokes..just like enough other times before...and smoked

I will make today Friday my last day of giving up, I mean stopping, yesterday I was smoking so many rollies I had a terrible headache this morning.....

I use to limit myself to 10 ciggertetts a day, and since I swithced to rollies I have lost count so must be smoking more,

Anyway I hate smoking, but cant resist, seems like a ridiculous comment, but today is gonna be my last day, after midnight today, I am done, and thats a promise to myself. :confused:

until tomorrow...

don't keep cash handy, that way you can't just walk to the shops to buy fags...

download and print out pictures of smokers teeth, diseased lungs etc and put tem up in places where you would normally smoke so that you can see what it's doing to you..

smokers.jpg

smokers.jpg

smokers.jpg

smokers-lungs-pictures-4.jpg

etc etc..

contact the stop smoking helplines and get yourself some patches / gum to help with the cravings.. ( are they free on perscription if you're unemployed? )

smoking is a sign of weekness your not strong enough to give it up :(

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Quit for 7 days and promise yourself you can have one on the eigth day. You may find you don't want one on day 8. :D

You do need to have a few " cigarette free for one week" before you attempt to give up for good.

It worked for me as after a few months I found I COULD live without smoke.

GOOD LUCK with your attempts. :D

Bacho now holds a bonfire every week and throws plastic on it to get the same effect.. :)

als, aren't you a Muslim? Doesn't the Qur'an state that you're not allowed to use anything that harms your body? If so, surely you shouldn't be smoking due to your beliefs let alone your health.

It's absolute hell, but cold turkey is the only way. Use the gum and patches by all means - you'll need all the help you can get. Someone I worked with used a hypnotist and several years on it still seems to be working. I packed in God knows how many times before I cracked it permanently so stick with it. You don't realise how bad you must have smelled until you've stopped.

als, aren't you a Muslim? Doesn't the Qur'an state that you're not allowed to use anything that harms your body? If so, surely you shouldn't be smoking due to your beliefs let alone your health.

but by that definition everything is harmfull to you..
every week it seems they find out that one food or another gives you cancer or something..
the very air we breath is harmfull as it contains pollutants..

Sponsored Links
Back