Im giving up smoking

come on lets not discuss religion anymore, I am a muslim, but not a expert regarding the various rules regulations that it has, thats why we have imams, the quran and holy books.

i have never heard a law which says you cant eat prawns if you think they dont look like fish, thats just bizarre,

forbidden for us food wise, is carrion blood, swine and anything over which the name other than Allah's has been invoked, it is that simple, people try to complicate matters by saying prawns, mushrooms, and so on is not halal.
forbidden for us food wise, is carrion, blood, swine and anything over which the name other than Allah's has been invoked

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
op, I strongly recommend the Easyway book by Allen Carr.

Am I fighting a lost cause Dex?

Im new here but trying to keep this topic discussion based on the Op's original post is a lost cause.

I give up. Surely, pigs... albeit who eats what parts is another discussion?

David.

I'm new too and am not sure how much longer I can put up with all this sh*te. It doesn't seem to matter what the thread topic is. If they don't STFU soon, I'm going to scream and scream until I make myself sick - and I can!

it is called general discussion.. perhaps you should petition the admins for another forum labled "specific discussion" where the rulse say that anything even slightly off topic will be deleted..:)

'slightly off topic'

I just don't see what trying to give up smoking has to do with Islam. It's just turning into a carbon copy of the Paper Bag thread

'slightly off topic'

I just don't see what trying to give up smoking has to do with Islam. It's just turning into a carbon copy of the Paper Bag thread
Both activities are based on brainwashing and bad for your health. One can luckily be cured of both if one opens ones' eyes and have the desire to do so.

Last rollie, tomorrow I am a fresh man, for now I will try to sleep.

Last rollie, tomorrow I am a fresh man, for now I will try to sleep.
Get that book. Trust me, it works. If you pm with your address, I'll send you my copy - I don't need it anymore since I stopped smoking (20+ a day) painlessly 3 months ago.

Quitting smoking is easy.
Its far from easy as I'm sure every ex smoker will say,the most important thing is you must want to give up.no good saying tomorrow, stop now throw whatever baccy or ciggys in the bin and start the rest of your life as a non smoker.

Your posts suggest your mind-set is not right for quitting.

I get that feeling too. :(

You should start making small changes to when and where you smoke and work slowly up to quitting over the next few weeks.

You will fail now if you go cold turkey. :(

I have had 5 drags, of a 1 inch long rollie at about 11am this morning, and half that was a filter, I didnt smoke the filte lol

I am thinking maybe cutting down until I have one pathetic drag every now and then will be best for me :eek:

op - accept the friendship request (click on "Friends" at the top of the page). Then we can pm and I'll get you sorted with that book.

Sponsored Links
Back