Immigration

Is the UK better from European immigration?

• Yes, wouldn't dream of turning the clock back.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No. We've had a steadily worsening country ever since.

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
It's the biggest social issue since the war. When you lose your job or your kids can't get one then maybe you'll change your tune.
As I say, we have done it to ourselves. I mangaged to find an old email which is perhaps too close to the truth to be funny.

and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in BRITAIN .....[/i]

if the government had any balls, they would have done as the US did and put an import tax on goods so that british products were competative but none have!

I thought the immigrants had all your work then?
Arse and talking out of spring to mind. :LOL: :p

no! showing your ignorance yet again! as a result of the mass immigration in this area, i have less work and a lot less income because the bottom has fallen out of our trade! so i am finished earlier than i would have been 5 years ago with a much slimmer wallet!

If you lose your job and your kids cannot get work there is a pattern and it's got nothing to do with polish people.
It's because you are thick and unemployable, and so are your kids.

There is plenty of work.

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

you really do talk out of your a**e at times! try living in the real world in a city where the immigrant outnumbers the british 2 to 1! being in Suffolk you have no idea what its really like in towns where immigrants have taken over! 15% of the population of Southampton are Polish! and our youngsters cannot get jobs because of all the foreigners that already have all the jobs.

Kevin where in the UK do immigrants outnumber the brits 2 to 1? Stop making stats up.

Also, you often find foreigners get the jobs because they are harder working. their lives focus is not waiting for the weekend to get blabbered out of their head, then spend monday talking about the girl they bonk in the alleyway or where they threw up or how bad their hangover was.

If i was an employer and i had the choice between a family orientated african or polish individual, or some boozed obsessed foul mouthed british lad, i know who i'd employ. British workers dont have a reputation of being lazy without good reason.

Its no good blaming everyone else for taking british jobs when many young british individuals do not posses the skills, or desire, drive and ambition that employers seek.

Sponsored Links
@Kevin: Can you re-train for the care service, if that appeals to you?

A guy I met yesterday, for the second time, is a full time carer for a patient I see with MS. He says it’s the best job he’s ever had but what floored me was he’d given up his job as an electrician for over 20 years to go into this profession. :eek:

There's work in the care service and it feels like most people have some malady or disease these days which is on the increase, so the work is always going to be there sadly. :cry:

In Kev’s defence, I don’t know how old you are but we are not youths in the eyes of industry after about the age of 30 these days. So finding working in the evening of our years is very hard. I know if I lost my job tomorrow I would be unemployed and, probably, unemployable. Perhaps I could get a job at McDs but that wouldn’t pay the bills and let’s face it, it’s a bit of a waste if you have other skills.

Kevin where in the UK do immigrants outnumber the brits 2 to 1? Stop making stats up.
i doubt i'm far out in Southampton, although i don't have the exact figures
Also, you often find foreigners get the jobs because they are harder working. their lives focus is not waiting for the weekend to get blabbered out of their head, then spend monday talking about the girl they bonk in the alleyway or where they threw up or how bad their hangover was.

so thats why my son applies and applies for jobs and doesn't even get a response let alone an interview is it? he isn't lazy spends his money on his car, doesn't even drink certainly doesn't swear and has also spent 3 years at college learning about motor vehicles and struggles to even get a warehouse job! (he does have a job by the way) he has to work shifts and put up with racist czechoslovakian supervisors who hand all the good work to their friends, then give out written warnings to the english guys for low pick rates because they are doing all the small crap pallets!

I thought the immigrants had all your work then?
Arse and talking out of spring to mind. :LOL: :p

no! showing your ignorance yet again! as a result of the mass immigration in this area, i have less work and a lot less income because the bottom has fallen out of our trade! so i am finished earlier than i would have been 5 years ago with a much slimmer wallet!

What do you do? What trade do you do? Are you a gas safe plumber? Your name would suggest so?

Edit - if so , your sig would also suggest so, my local gas safe engineer wanted 350 quid for 4 hours work, do you charge the same?
I dont see too many gas safe immigrants going around ripping people off , it's only English gas engineers who do that!

Once again, the two trolls are on here, attempting to wind people up. As befits their low mentality, they are resorting to juvenile insults.

Note to everyone else. Don't react or respond to them. It's what they want.

You know who they are. One's an Irishman who invents facts to boost his weak irrational arguments. The other one is even worse.

Don't encourage them.

If you lose your job and your kids cannot get work there is a pattern and it's got nothing to do with polish people.
It's because you are thick and unemployable, and so are your kids.

There is plenty of work.

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

you really do talk out of your a**e at times! try living in the real world in a city where the immigrant outnumbers the british 2 to 1! being in Suffolk you have no idea what its really like in towns where immigrants have taken over! 15% of the population of Southampton are Polish! and our youngsters cannot get jobs because of all the foreigners that already have all the jobs.

If i was an employer and i had the choice between a family orientated african or polish individual, or some boozed obsessed foul mouthed british lad, i know who i'd employ. British workers dont have a reputation of being lazy without good reason.

Its no good blaming everyone else for taking british jobs when many young british individuals do not posses the skills, or desire, drive and ambition that employers seek.

o_O

Lazy british workers..lazy builders etc.

yawn smiley face.

A guy like yourself does not and will not posses the necessary skills, the necessary determination and the necessary mindset to work alongside true british tradesmen.

The only folk i here moaning about a cut to the immigration will be baaaaaaad for the uk are the people who stand to loose alot because of it.
Can't blame 'em really as we all need to make a living however these same people fail to understand that the only very reason they are in the position that they are in is because of chaps and chapettes like myself.
They need to understand that myself and others serious hard graft has put them into the position they are in, it certainly aint the other way around.

Too right alot of british workers live for the weekend (youngsters anyway), it is called work hard, play harder.

you are what is called a chancer.
After reading posts you have made i have summed you all up. Believe me when i say that there are many,many people much smarter then yourself.

I worked for a polish bloke a few years ago. doing his gaff up. nice enough bloke and so on. He wanted to learn new skills. was only at it for half hour doing what i have always done and the guy could of literally filled a bath with the amount of liquids he had lost, and it was winter!

^ the last part was what it was like at the very start for ALL timeserved british tradesmen.

We only employ Lithunians.
Young chap with us about 3 years now is on £40 quid a day. And is an incredible worker. As good as two men when he's on form. Built like a na'vi avatar.
And happy to work six days a week.
You won't find guys like that on home soil.

What do you do? What trade do you do? Are you a gas safe plumber? Your name would suggest so?

Edit - if so , your sig would also suggest so, my local gas safe engineer wanted 350 quid for 4 hours work, do you charge the same?
I dont see too many gas safe immigrants going around ripping people off , it's only English gas engineers who do that!

yes gassafe registered and also napit registered sparks
£350 for 4 hours - i'll have some of that :LOL: more like £150 a day round here!
i don't rip off anyone - if i did my profit would be more than £5k a year which is what i earnt last year!
pre 2004 i could earn £1k a day now i'm lucky to earn that a week!

Young chap with us about 3 years now is on £40 quid a day. And is an incredible worker. As good as two men when he's on form. Built like a na'vi avatar.

How can a Brit with a mortgage and family do that if he wanted to? Why would you expect him to? Why don't you offer a proper wage like you expect to get?

That's called exploitation. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Our priority is our customers and the survival of the business.
Without foreign workers on low wages we'd be bust and giving no employment. So which is better?
It's tough I know. Perhaps the government/taxpayer should cough up with the shortfall with a low wage subsidy allowance.
They can just borrow more on the never never to make it work and let future generations pay off the bill. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back