Installation of Chinese gas wok cooker

My mentor will be fixing the cooker within the next week, but I already know that it's going to be a simple job, so much for all the typing on here.

Why does it need fixing if its new? Anyway one day you might learn what a tapered thread fitting is. Is your boss COMCAT. P.s its not a cartoon character.

Sponsored Links
My mentor will be fixing the cooker within the next week, but I already know that it's going to be a simple job, so much for all the typing on here.

Why does it need fixing if its new? Anyway one day you might learn what a tapered thread fitting is. Is your boss COMCAT. P.s its not a cartoon character.

It's not new, obviously you haven't followed this topic, yes my boss is COMCAT, he has every certificate possible.

It's not new, obviously you haven't followed this topic, yes my boss is COMCAT, he has every certificate possible.

This boss with all the certificates, not called Lee is he?

You say the appliance is used, but I do have to say that it looks very new in the photograph:-

20150502_203510.jpg

I thought that, but the underneath view looks used. I hadn't particularly noticed the shiny burners (top view), but I was surprised that a Recon has the annoying plastic protection sheet. This is applied in the sheet steel facility NOT the oven makers. But NOTHING in this thread ads up :evil:

Frankly, I did not bother commenting as the OP is quite obviously a liar, which I intimated on my first response, 6 hours after the OP. For some reason this eejit is more irritating than the average wind up merchant, so I suppose he is succeeding. And to manage it across several forums may be some sort of record.

Re the EC mark comment, I think Lee said on t'other side that a CE mark is not mandatory. I thought it was, an many years ago had it confirmed by Gas Safe / CORGI, as, ironically, I was asked to fit a kebab burner in a neighboring shop.

No MI's No EC mark. All just looked wrong, and had a domestic hose attached. And for me, No COMCAT. I was not going to fit it but it was easier to look than offend him. Wrote to CORGI who did write a reply but was a waste of paper, Essentially, let us know who fits it and we may investigate, but no proactive correspondence to the kebab shop. And they confirmed a need for a CE mark.

But he could have been wrong.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking that the last question I would ask someone I was "mentoring" :LOL: would be what fitting I would use on a service valve.

Unless I thought said person was an unmitigated ********

Or perhaps head rice cracker frier. ;) :p

Jesus I will have to get my eyes checked , That looks new to me . Well i suppose the owners will be happy having no insurance on their building when or if it blows up after some fooking idiot fits it, Gas supply pipe is wrong also and needs up grading :LOL:

Why does it need upgrading? What you basing that on...you know the gas consumption?you know the gas run length? You know other take offs?
Just because there's an inch valve, means fook all!

By your theory and lack of experience, if that was re jetted for LPG, would you still say it needs 28mm because the valve is?

as clear a diy job as this is, there's also a lot of crap being spouted by people with just as much experience as the OP, they may be gas engineers but please reign in your bullshit!

No surprise who one of them was!!!!

Why does it need upgrading? What you basing that on...you know the gas consumption?you know the gas run length? You know other take offs?
Just because there's an inch valve, means fook all!

By your theory and lack of experience, if that was re jetted for LPG, would you still say it needs 28mm because the valve is?

as clear a diy job as this is, there's also a lot of crap being spouted by people with just as much experience as the OP, they may be gas engineers but please reign in your bulls**t!

No surprise who one of them was!!!!

Hi Lee, I am a bit confused as to who are you replying to with the above?

Because you're only 16 :lol;: or perhaps not as familiar with the language as you thought ;).

Perhaps when you are a grown up, you can register for the CC, and be fully aware.

Or perhaps get promoted to crispy duck preparation. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back