Installing gas hob and gas oven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well stay out of the thread then. Take a look at the electrics forum - they talk about Part P stuff all the time. No electrics forum would exist if they didn't. You aint nuthin special mate - get over it.

Sponsored Links
I asked for some advice on pipes not a lecture, ive installed every single pipe in my new house and the boiler which all works fine as i'm also a pipe fitter, im not gas safe registered, and not not 100% familiar with connecting a gas hob and gas oven, Once i've been told the fittings required i'll be competant to carry out the necessary work.

Gas mains, i meant connecting into the main pipe that feeds the cooker, not the meter, thats at the other end of the house.

I now believe the hob has fixed pipe work that needs connected in and i havent purchased the oven yet but need to know if they have a flexible hose on the back like a stand alone cooker? Also it was mentioned that there wont be much clearance to the back of the oven so to mount the bayonet fitting to the rear and to one side so there is sufficient clearance and the gas isolator tap is accessable without removing the oven

Well stay out of the thread then. Take a look at the electrics forum - they talk about Part P stuff all the time. No electrics forum would exist if they didn't. You aint nuthin special mate - get over it.

I agree joe, certain people have nothing better to do than argue online, it's a simple case of don't advise me if it's nothing constructive as i'm only going to ask someone who can give advise.

I clearly dont have a clue according to him after fully plumbing out a house thats worked fine for 3 years and all passed off. I'm just not fully up to scratch on components available for this certain area which i admit.

Sponsored Links

Stay out of what?

Oh you're in it are you?

Where's your ******* technical advice then.

You're not even nothing special, just nothing. Which is probably what you contribute to the electrics forum.

as he's not a close friend and is not really in the line of plumbing work daily anymore but maintains his gas safe certificate and carries out the occasional job. He's also on holiday for 2 weeks so haven't been able to get in contact and i'm fitting my new kitchen next week.

Also, how do you connect 2 appliances to a single bayonet fitting. Do hobs and new built under ovens come with a flexi hose like stand alones?

Now you've decided to get all professional and b******k everyone for not spotting your obvious expertise. Here's a reminder of what you wrote.

There are certain rules , laws & standards in the UK for gas pipe & gas appliance installation , this is the UK not Albania .

(I bet the albanians are sticking W'C's to the floor with mastic , & useing mustard on pipes !)

Tibbot,I've never once claimed to be an expert at any of this, just confident in my own abilites, and as i said before was here for a little advice. My advice to you is stop wasting pages on the forum and to put it polite, go and play with your small weiner which will probably be attached to your forehead, i imagine you grew up with it most your life.

you an albanian or a german ??

Hey Transam - you gonna have to curb your overt racism. :rolleyes:

as i said before was here for a little advice

OK this is largely descending into a slanging match, so here's some sensible advice: First, a quote from the mods... "This site does not support DIY gas and posts giving advice on gas work may be deleted"

Second, your comments and questions have clearly demonstrated that you don't know what you're doing, so my advice to you is to employ someone who does, or go to a less responsible forum where advice on how to DIY gas work is given. A gas pipe is still a gas pipe whether it's connected or not, and whether it's had gas in it before or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back