Installing own central heating system

If you do most of the work yourself you'll take away their profit. They don't like that. :cry:

So they won't do it. It's all part of the MC code.

In reality all you want them to do is to connect the gas - 2 hour job at most. £60.

Yes I agree, but I would be happy to pay them double and more than that as i would be getting the job done cheaper still.
Really I just need like you say to find someone that is happy to work with me. I could leave all the pipework exposed so they can check joints etc as the house is currently empty.

Sponsored Links
You can check all the wet-side by connecting to the water supply. So by the time the RGI arrives you know there are no bad joints etc.

All that is required is EXACTLY what I wrote above. No more.

I appreciate that many people cannot understand simple English language but the fault lies with the reader and not the writer!

Its surprising that Joe-90 is not banned from the forum as virtually none of his posts have any use to the OP.

Individual RGIs will have their own set of rules which they work by when approached by a DIYer.

I am very flexible but do have to be careful that I am not agreeing to repairing his leaks or having to wait while he does that. I now insist that they have connected and filled with water BEFORE I come. Most are so frightened of being faced with a lot of leaks that worries them.

Then there are the things they should not have done, wrong fittings, piping up incorrectly etc. Most cannot even choose a suitable location for the boiler.

Tony

You can check all the wet-side by connecting to the water supply. So by the time the RGI arrives you know there are no bad joints etc.

You won't know that 100% until the system's up to temperature. You charge too much for someone who doesn't know that.

Sponsored Links
You won't know that 100% until the system's up to temperature. You charge too much for someone who doesn't know that.[/quote]

ouch

There are plenty of drips around here. :rolleyes:

Its surprising that Joe-90 is not banned from the forum as virtually none of his posts have any use to the OP.

You mean you don't like me pointing out charlatans and crooks. ;)

You mean you don't like me pointing out charlatans and crooks. ;)

Where else would you start to point them out to people than on a forum on which they give them free advice?

When you've finished your detective work and weeded out the rogue gas fitters from the free forum, you could pop to the local lawn bowls club to smoke out the hoods, pimps & pushers that hang out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back