Intergas HRE 18 OV - Fault Code Error 5 - Poor flame signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler installed less than a year ago and been working absolutely fine. Last night we've no heating and notice the boiler is locked and fault code 5 is displayed.

Pressing reset button and it goes through firing sequence 3 (vent), 4 (ignition), 5 (CH). Once at 5 you can hear the fan speed drop and eventually it goes back to step 3 and starts over. It does this about three times before locking out and throwing fault code 5 in display. We've had heating for about one hour this morning without changing anything, but now back to fault.

Manual says:
  • Condensate drain blocked
  • Check adjustment of gas valve
I've emptied the condensation trap and refilled. Everything ok and I even got the waste output dumping into a plastic container to monitor it. Water is dripping ok.

Why would the gas valve need adjusting? Does anyone work with these Intergas boilers and can make some suggestions please? I've contacted the installer and awaiting response, so posting here in the mean time :)

Sponsored Links
Adjustment of the gas valve is detailed in the installers manual, but I won't be doing that because I'm not qualified.

At this point I'm interested to understand why it might need adjustment after successful operation for almost a year. Or if anyone has experience of fault code 5 what else it could be..

If it runs for a few minutes then locks out it could well be a failed solenoid in the gas valve. But first check at the gas meter to make sure the valve is fully on!

If not call the office and get it booked in under warranty. I'm off til thurs so it'll probably be Danny that comes out to you!

Sponsored Links
Ok, thank you. Gas meter is high up in the garage and lever is fully open. I'll call the office on Monday.

It won't be the earth that would almost always be a 4 fault. It'll be the gas valve unless there's a problem with the flue ;)

Other than a problem with the gas valve I've no further details. I was away on holidays and let the in-laws sit in a freezing cold house waiting for Intergas to arrive ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back