Problem with new Intergas boiler install. HRE 18 OV

Sorry I haven't made myself clear.

1) I do not work for Worcester Bosch or any other boiler company.

2) the original installer is no longer with us so I can not go back to him.

3) I do not know what is wrong with the pump. I was told that the pump is not functioning the way it should, it is only powerful enough to heat the radiators upstairs and not down stairs. I have been told to turn the radiators of up stairs when I want the downstairs ones on.

4) when we were advised to have an intergas boiler we were told that they have an office in bromsgrove making getting the parts easier.

5) I am now arranging for a 2nd opinion. Hopefully that will help.

Sorry I can not be more specific on the details but this one area where I have to rely on the experts......maybe the experts I have consulted from installation till now have not been the best people to speak to.

Sponsored Links
.maybe the experts I have consulted from installation till now have not been the best people to speak to.

I'm afraid that is apparent.

These really are good boilers but as with all boilers they need to be fitted properly.

Certainly if you went for a WB at this stage you would be far worse off as they are no where near as flexible or tolerant as the IG boiler.

Sorry I haven't made myself clear.

1) I do not work for Worcester Bosch or any other boiler company.

Don't bother with a WB, over-rated and full of plastic pin-holing carp.

2) the original installer is no longer with us so I can not go back to him.

I wonder why? He's made his money and done one. A good indicator that he could have messed up. Is he on the Intergas Platinum Installers list (check Intergas UK website)?

3) I do not know what is wrong with the pump. I was told that the pump is not functioning the way it should, it is only powerful enough to heat the radiators upstairs and not down stairs. I have been told to turn the radiators of up stairs when I want the downstairs ones on.

Ding dong, another sign of a poor installation.

4) when we were advised to have an intergas boiler we were told that they have an office in bromsgrove making getting the parts easier.

Doesn't make any difference if you have parted ways.

5) I am now arranging for a 2nd opinion. Hopefully that will help.

Find a platinum installer as suggested above.

Stick with the Intergas, they are all I will install domestically. Touch wood I only ever go back to service them or carry out other work at the property.

By the way, you hijacked a post mate.

James.

I was only hoping for some feed back to help me decide what I need to do next.

I did not ever mean to come across as having some knowledge. I think I will wait for a second opinion.

It is possible that the installation could be an issue, but I am unable to complain about that now.

Sponsored Links
Jbphs, thanks for your reply, your advice is very helpful. What I mean about the installer no longer being with us is that he passed away.

I am also going to contact intergas.

sorry for hijacking the post.

Made a bit of a mess with my first post!

Don't panic.

Have you used their website to find an installer. They have a postcode search function.

An installer should be able to give you a better appraisal than an in house warranty man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back