Problem with new Intergas boiler install. HRE 18 OV

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure it is some kind of switch or Dutch friends put near the door to turn things like preheat off when they go out.

I'll give Wim at Atmos a call next week and jog my memory.

Remember the pcb in these is the same for all boilers in the range.

Hi Dan.

I would be interested to know exactly what it is and how it works.

Just to mention a couple of interesting points...

I noticed when the Intergas guy installed the brand new PCB, he had to stick on a new terminal block diagram. It seemed slightly different to the old one with more information on it, an updated version maybe?

He was telling me that although each boiler may look identical year to year, there are many subtle updates/improvements that Intergas are constantly making.
Pointed out things like the new style washers/bolts on the fan as they used to make a rattling noise and had to be replaced before. He showed me all sorts of other things that would look the same on older models but are in fact redesigned.

He said he goes out to the Intergas headquarters in Netherlands often where they have a department nicknamed the "Geeks" who spend all day analysing feedback from customers, installers and tech support, then create and test solutions to improve the design. The company is more focused on improving and tweaking their existing designs rather than constantly developing brand new ones.

There is apparantly work going on to make one which has a flue that would exit directly behind the boiler rather than from the top.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I was talking to them about the rear flue boiler a few weeks ago.

An internal expansion vessel might be making a return too.

Let's hope vessel capacity is a tad more than the original 6/8 litre , waste of time is possibly why it got removed. ;)

It is pretty pointless.

I told them to concentrate on losing the donkey schlong stuck underneath.

They are used to external ones on the continent, which might explain the silly small ones in the Bunnies too.

Now now Dan as well you know the bunnies EV capacity is no smaller than any other manufacture although still larger than the gash.. ;)

Not a criticism dude. As you know the bunny is in the coveted top 3 of the Jennings Heating arsenal.

Now if I could just find somewhere to fit one that is more suited than a Gash or Atag :LOL:

After some google translating and some digging, I think that connections 4 & 5 and 9 & 10 on X4 mainly concern the combination boilers. From what I could find, connections 9 & 10 on X4 allow the installation of a cold water sensor. This is mainly used for applications where pre-heated water can run through the boiler. An MIT switch is wired into connections 4 & 5. To allow this functionality, some parameters need to be changed, one of which is not shown in the English installation manual (Parameter A).

Knowing Intergas, there may be many more uses of these connections. As an installer, its something that has got me thinking to find out more.

James.

Hi I am extremely frustrated with my intergas boiler and would never ever recommend anyone having one installed.

From day one it has given me problems, the parts are special order only, even though they have an office not more than 10 miles down the road, they take at least 14 days to arrive.

Twice I have been left with out heating during the winter for over 2 weeks, another occasion on Christmas Eve we have come down stairs to a flooded kitchen.

I now have an engineer here and he is saying that I need a new pump! I've only had the bloody thing 3 years! The glow worm one that was in before for 30 years never broke down!

Now I am thinking of getting a new boiler, can anyone recommend a good one......thinking Worcester maybe?

Cheers

Its no good moaning about a boiler without putting it into context?

What is wrong with the pump? Is it dead because of a dirty system - the only part of the boiler that is sensitive to sludge).

I have been fitting these boilers in their two iterations since 2004 as well as doing the warranty work for London and the Home Counties - and only changed a tiny number of pumps.

Certainly parts should not have been a problem and the agents/in house engineers will carry most if not all of the half dozen bits with them.

Can you give more details Hils? What's gone wrong with it? Was it fitted by a Platinum 5 installer who would have given you a give year warranty? They are extremely reliable and robust, I'd recommend keeping it and looking at your system for possible issues there. A Worcester would be a downgrade IMHO. If you do decide to get rid of it, PM me, I might be interested in taking it off your hands ;)

Hmmm....intergas just down the road from you, first time post slagging them off....Me thinks someone from woofter bosch wrote that post :LOL:

I have an issues with the radiators down stairs not working, the rest are. The engineer has said that the pump is not working properly so not heating the downstairs radiators.

I can see that others have not had any issues but every time it is serviced there is a problem and then I have had to call the engineer back out in between services.

I don't know anything about boilers so I am relying on what I am being told.

The engineer does not carry the parts and having spoken to the intergas people I have been told it could take a couple of weeks to get the replacement pump.

It is difficult when you have no knowledge and relying on others to tell you what is wrong. The fitter is no longer contactable so I am a bit stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back