Interlocking tiles

That piece should push back in nicely......if its a piece of cut tile, often the securing nibs (or even nail holes) are cut away so it can be a bit of a prayer that the piece stops there in the future.
I've found that adhesive in a tube by Wickes - for gluing the edges of their aquapanel tile board - works very well in situations like this. I've glued a few tiles and slates and they haven't budged, years later.
John :)
P.S Its time we all invested in buying an ark, never mind a house with this darned rain :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks John. My Dad's going to go up on roof tomorrow (if this rain ever stops) to have a look.
We don't have a local wickes but do have a B&Q. If necessary what kind of adhesive should i be looking for and do you glue the tile to the baton?
Cheers.

You'll probably find Emma, that even a squidge of jolly old silicone will stick the tile down enough to keep it there.....more importantly is that the gap between the tiles and the leaded valley is well pointed up with cement to prevent the odd bird or two seeking to set up a new home between the tiles and the underfelt :p
There's no need to worry unduly about this - maybe the tile will be secure enough when its pushed back into place......if your roofer guy ventured up onto the roof without a kosher roof ladder, its easy for tiles to be dislodged by his size twelves!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Just a wee update. My Dad had a look at the above tile and found it is a cut tile which was broken at the top (at the bit which goes under the ridge tile so not actually exposed). He's put it back in and cemented underneath it to keep it in.
I came across an article today online which says that for mortar bedding when tiles have been cut, an undercloak such as slate should be laid onto the lead as a surface to receive the mortar bedding as mortar laid directly onto lead would prevent the lead from expanding/contracting and this can lead to the mortar failing and the lead cracking.
Please tell me this won't be a problem!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back