Intermediate Switch(es) Required?

You've got room for a single-width accessory, and the Scolmore minigrid has a 3-gang single width, or you could fit a double-width one if you wanted, which widens your choice of makes.

With a grid you can mix'n'match 1-way/2-way/intermediate modules.

You can get a brushed metal faceplate and black modules - won't be an exact match for the rest of the house, but it will easily be close enough.

Sponsored Links
I doubt you will find what you specifically want.

However, IF you can find a three-gang intermediate then that will do as they can be used as one-way, two-way or intermediate.

Sponsored Links
You've got room for a single-width accessory, and the Scolmore minigrid has a 3-gang single width, or you could fit a double-width one if you wanted, which widens your choice of makes.

At least I am beginning to understand that the previous owner probably had to do what they did. Searching for "3 gang intermediate switch" is proving pretty fruitless.

Doesn't the switch that I currently have on my wall, to the left, look just like a Scolmore VP SC 025 BK or maybe a VP SS 025 BK?

Maybe if I could replace both with a VP [SC or SS] 013 BK I might be onto something... although I think 013 means a 3-gang non-intermediate switch, so I might need to look at getting 403 "1 Gang Plate Triple Aperture" and the appropriate modular gubbins to go inside it...

http://www.lightwiring.co.uk/lighting-circuit-components/light-switches/triple-gang-intermediate-light-switch/
Well why didn't you say that's what you meant.

You can also get a 6-gang in the same range.

screenshot_210.jpg

It does seem a shame, though, not to sort this out:

Switches.jpg

2 accessories right next to each other like that never look good, particularly when 1 is crooked and they are different sizes and/or profiles.

Swapping one switch doesn't seem worth the candle for the aesthetic improvement gained.

Am I missing something? What's wrong with the click mini grid as suggested earlier? You intermediate is already a click mini grid switch.

RF

Are you saying you can positively ID the left hand switch as Scolmore?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back