Intermediate Switch(es) Required?

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something? What's wrong with the click mini grid as suggested earlier? You intermediate is already a click mini grid switch.

It's just that the rest of the house is in the style of the right-hand side.

It seems, to me, in the absence of a 3-gang switch with at least 1 intermediate and 2 x 2-way, I have the following two options...

1 - keep the right-hand side switch as it is and buy a SSSINTB 1-gang intermediate switch to replace the Click Mini Grid Switch on the left.

2 - remove both switches and purchase a single-width 3-gang Click Mini Grid Switch where 2 switches are 2-way and 1 is intermediate.

1 is more messy, but likely to be cheaper - SSSINTB less than £15 - and will keep the style of switches throughout the house consistent.

2 should be neater, but could be more expensive (need to figure out exactly what I'd need to buy first) and would mean a single-width switch in the house is different to the rest (which is what I have now) but I'd have a nice 3-gang switch controlling everything rather than the 2 that I have now.

I'm erring towards 2.

Euro lite use Crabtree innards for their switches. You need to get the euro lite ones to match.

Sponsored Links
MD028 I reckon. Maybe MD028BK.

Just as securespark suggested a while back! Must've skimmed that at the time, sorry.

You can swap one of the modules from the new three gang with the intermediate module you already have in your existing switch.

Got my shopping list, reckon it's...

1 x VPSS403BK
2 x MD002BK
1 x MD028BK

...unless I've got this wrong, then you've all been a great help. Will sacrifice overall house consistency for what I hope is a nice neat single-width 3-gang installation.

Yes, I did go and buy VPSS013BK in the end... I got it from somewhere else that offered delivery for under £4. Fingers-crossed going for the cheapest doesn't mean a cock-up along the way.

As long as your existing switch is Click, then you should be OK to swap out a 2 way for the intermediate module in your existing switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back