Is it easy to fit a 'Blending Valve'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. As anyone who has been following my previous post the water coming from the boiler is too hot for our liking.

Agil suggested fitting a 'Blending Valve'. (Hello Agil if you are reading this)

I have done some Plumbing using 'Push Fit' and 'Compression Joint'
fittings but does a 'Blending Valve' fitting take more expertise than This?

Advice appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
A blending valve is just a thermostatic mixing valve. It's easy. Fit it close to boiler on hot water flow.....you will need to t into your cold water and run a connection to the valve. Be warned it will 'cool' the water down but like all houses, some hw taps are further away than others.......set the mix temp to the furthest tap. Otherwise it could be much cooler......

Hi. As anyone who has been following my previous post the water coming from the boiler is too hot for our liking.
Please stop using BOLD for all your posts.

It gets boooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiing after the first two or three :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
He is an OAP and can be excused for not knowing how to use new technology. ( well for 15µS anyway )

Its easy, but as I have already advised, its better at the point of use as you need a higher temp in kitchen than hand basin. They are becoming very cheap now.

Has Martyn replied along the lines I expect?

Tony

Point of use is the best place, you probably only need the basins doing anyway.

Tony. I may be a Pensioner (Age 66) but I do not need to be patronized.
I slipped up on protocol to be used in a Forum.

That is all and I should have known better.

I am not looking to be excused by anyone and I am reasonably O.K. with new technology. A lot of people who come here to seek help are a lot younger than me but don't know much about central heating.
You are a Central Heating engineer, and a bit of a know all, plus a patronizing one at that in my opinion.

Talk to me about all things Satellite, Motorised Dishes and set up, Programming a Cam using a Duolabs Cass. 3 Programmer. Do ou know what a DiSEqc Level is, a Symbol Rate perhaps, a Polorisor Control,
FEC ?

Have you any idea where Hispesat or Sirius are in the Sky?

Do YOU know what I am talking about?

Check out my 1600 Posts at JKF Intersat Forum before you think I am too 'thick' to use new technology.

Would you know about testing for 'Sound' on Tapered Roller Bearings and all things quality with them?

Reference Martyn. No reply yet. Perhaps he is ignorant as well? :)

I worked for BBC engineering for a lot longer than I have worked on boilers!

My Vauxhall Viva had taper roller bearings! I tightened them a little after I drove back to UK from Doha!

Tony

unfortunately Agile you have come across as a kn*b again.

my father is 65+ but had worked with thermostatic mixers for over 30 years before he retired.

I may be a Pensioner (Age 66) but I do not need to be patronized.
I slipped up on protocol to be used in a Forum.

That is all and I should have known better.

istockphoto_352230-angry-older-man-

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back