Is it easy to fit a 'Blending Valve'

Point of use is the best place, you probably only need the basins doing anyway.

this is the answer you are looking for.

Agile just shut the f*** up ! :evil: :evil:

spacethegass. Your posts have got this man just about right :oops: ing :!:

Thanks for your input. You are obviously aware of this man who has managed to ***s me off almost every step of the way during my short membership of this excellent Forum.

Well, back to business. We have a 'mixer' on the kitchen sink and a Triton Azusa Thermostatic mixer (Which I suppose is a 'Blender' in essence) Shower in one Bathroom. This runs lovely off our new Worcester Boiler.

So we will get by I suppose. :)

incidentally, looking at 'Blending Valves' on the Internet I see some of them come 'Pre Set' (But variable up to 55) at 43 degrees.

I still say that the lowest setting on my Worcester Boiler which gives 47 Degrees is too hot :!: :!: :!: :LOL: though:cool:

Sponsored Links
P.S. And you certainly cannot have a Shower without adjusting in the temperature down to around 42/43.

I think I finally rest my case :!: :LOL:

P.S. And you certainly cannot have a Shower without adjusting in the temperature down to around 42/43.

I think I finally rest my case :!: :LOL:

The thermostatic shower adjusts the temperature to whatever you want if its working.

It has nothing to do with the boiler temperature :eek:

Sponsored Links
Why do you need a blender for then

Well, I have been whinging here that the lowest temperature my newly installed Worcester Condensing Boiler will go is 47 degrees which my Wife and I feel is too hot.

The thinking was to use a Blending Valve to get it lower.

But now I don't think it is worth the bother :)

Cheers:cool:

Having waded through the previous posting I don't see what the problem is...the boiler stores water in a thermal store at high temperature to increase the stores thermal capacity and so maximise the DHW flowrate. The boiler allows the user to select a hot water temperature that is acceptable to the vast majority of users despite the fact that recomendations are to keep the temperature at 60 to prevent the risk of Legionnaires' disease developing within the pipework.

Leave the DHW temperature at 60 and install blending valves at point of use....as do all care homes/hospitals or manually set the temperature wity conventional mixer taps.

At least make sure the valves comply with TMV2. I suggest you install them off flexible hoses since it makes servicing easier.

More details

At last you have realised that you can manually get a lower temperature to suit by mixing cold water just like everyone else does.

I have tried to give you impartial advice but I am sorry that you are not grateful for that.

Tony

At last you have realised that you can manually get a lower temperature to suit by mixing cold water just like everyone else does.

I have tried to give you impartial advice but I am sorry that you are not grateful for that.

Tony

Tony. No. I actually do appreciate yours and others advice concerning my 'worries'.

However, I don't like patronizing, condecending, bossy etc. etc. etc. attitudes :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back