Is it morally right to use children as spies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the same MP's who had to make a 'difficult decision' about voting for anonymity for themselves when under criminal investigation?

Unfortunately yes.

I have never said I am happy with most MP's or our system.

But the alternative is referendums, of which the public have been proved to be insufficiently informed to make rational decisions

Sponsored Links
Just pointing out that the 'strict legal framework' mentioned in the article isn't always adhered to where police spying is involved.
And that 'function creep' is part of the game.

No, you were just 'pointing out', something specific snd not connected.

Are these other people you talk about under 18?

If we had 'examples', then they wouldn't be much use as 'spies' would they

An example does not have to use names, places or any specific detail that could be sourced back.

It might help if you thought a bit more before posting (y)

Proof?
Link?

'Quite clearly' = 'in my opinion'
I suggest you read the article.
It also said a child under 16 would be accompanied by a parent or guardian when meeting law enforcement and children could not be deployed to gather intelligence on their parents.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44905536

Some of the child spies are aged under 16, the committee says
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ligence-uses-child-spies-in-covert-operations
Some of the children are under 16 years old.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/uk-using-children-as-undercover-spies-reports-10551080
Even the Daily Wail covers it, so it must be true :rolleyes:
The Home Office faced a backlash from peers and campaigners as it emerged children under the age of 16 are being secretly used – often without their parents being told – to gather information on terrorists, gangs, drug dealers and even paedophiles.
the Daily Wail

It is morally repugnant:
“It sounds like infiltration to me, direction and infiltration,” he said. “It’s basically a kid that has been caught first time, and instead of rescuing them they are sending them back in.”

Rosalind Comyn, legal and policy officer at Rights Watch (UK), said: “Enlisting children as foot soldiers in the darkest corners of policing, and intentionally exposing them to terrorism, crime or sexual abuse rings – potentially without parental consent – runs directly counter to the government’s human rights obligations, which demand the interests of children be placed at the heart of decisions which affect them.

“It is also an affront to the government’s own safeguarding guidance, which requires our public authorities to help children escape crime, not become more deeply embedded in it.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ligence-uses-child-spies-in-covert-operations

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
An example does not have to use names, places or any specific detail that could be sourced back.
Doh!

The articles do just that...

It might help if you thought a bit more before posting (y)
Same old MO from notchy when it gets shown up :ROFLMAO:

But do tell us...

What exact 'details' would you require to be provided for an 'adequate example' to be placed in front of you in order to assuage your ignorance?

Last edited:
I did.

It doesnt say what age children been used.

I suggest you read the article and point out where it does, if you think otherwise.
Squirm. :ROFLMAO:

upload_2018-7-21_13-40-29.png

notchy really is making itself a laughing stock on this one...

Par for the course, but still amusing (y)

Oh, and have you got those 'details' you would like to be provided with listed yet?

Oh, and have you got those 'details' you would like to be provided with listed yet

An intelligent person likes to find out both sides of an argument in order to make an informed opinion.

Ellal has a great plan: a teenage drug gang is operating with impunity, we could have a 40 year old police officer infiltate it. He wont get spotted, give him a few tattoos and a hoody, he will blend in straight away :ROFLMAO:

A teenager would have been able to foil a major terrorist plot, say to bomb a public arena, Ellal says no we cant do that I will go and tell those parents that have lost children, sorry but the means doesnt justify the end. (y)

An intelligent person likes to find out both sides of an argument in order to make an informed opinion.

Don't insult Quitters. We already know how offended they get when people suggest they were foolish to believe Brexiteer propaganda.

Ellal has a great plan: a teenage drug gang is operating with impunity, we could have a 40 year old police officer infiltate it. He wont get spotted, give him a few tattoos and a hoody, he will blend in straight away :ROFLMAO:
I see eeyore is reduced to inventing fake arguments again. :rolleyes:
It is what he does.

Don't insult Quitters. We already know how offended they get when people suggest they were foolish to believe Brexiteer propaganda.

I hadnt realised Ellal was a quitter.

Did you mean proaganda like project fear..........

Probably fake news latched onto by R bee ? children / spies etc all sounds dramatic & makes for a good story ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back