Is part P working?

we see on an almost daily basis on this site the mess that people get into when they dive into DIYing without a ******* clue what they are doing. I'm sure the same people wouldn't assume that they could build the walls of a house, or strip down and rebuild a car engine without knowing a thing about it, so why do they with electrics?

Confirms my point exactly, if the information that we need to DIY is not made readily available to us then we will do it wrong.
Although there are those that obviously should never be let near it, there are also a lot of people that have similar knowledge & just need the information to be able to do it right.

Part P is taking the P :D

Sponsored Links
Shove your racism where it don't shine. :rolleyes: It's precisely because of that pathetic attitude we are in this mess. Everyone to scared to criticise a foreign worker in case they offend. Nothing to do with racism. I work alongside many foreign workers....a carp painter won't kill anyone with a shoddy job....my objection is the deliberate undercutting by not being qualified and licenced but giving the impression they know what they are doing to the naive householder.

I've yet to meet any East European construction labour that has the faintest idea what they are doing. I'll also add that the Chinese are no better since they are making inroads around here. Only the gangmasters speak English. Perhaps the qualified are reserved for the commercial construction industry...they are certainly absent from London domestic properties.

This lot are far worse than UK cowboys. Most of the UK cowboys I encounter have a modicum of the legislative requirements. At this property they even used gloss paint for gas sealant. How about the TRV's fitted to both ends of the radiators.

As for UK workers in Germany...that's up up to the German goverment to have sorted out at the time. I would have more morals than to undercut a workforce simply by carrying out sub-standard work.

We have enough of out own scum working in the building industry without allowing more from overseas....that is not being racist in any way.

Shove your racism where it don't shine. :rolleyes:
It's not me that's the racist scumbag - it's you.

You mention the nationality of the people doing poor quality work when it is irrelevant.

It's precisely because of that pathetic attitude we are in this mess.
And it's precisely because scumbags like you are allowed to drip your low-level racism constantly into society that eventually people end up so careless of even the lives of others that you get the situation we saw in Italy yesterday.

Everyone to scared to criticise a foreign worker in case they offend.
No - only those who know that there is a racist element to their criticism are scared like that. If the criticism is soundly based on what they've done not where they were born then it has no racist component.

Nothing to do with racism.
Then why were you going on about "Hungarians/Poles etc" in a way which indicates that you don't really care which country they are from, it's just the fact that they are foreign that gets to you.

my objection is the deliberate undercutting by not being qualified and licenced but giving the impression they know what they are doing to the naive householder.
A practice unique to migrant workers, is it?

I've yet to meet any East European construction labour that has the faintest idea what they are doing.
I dare say that if you took a busload of untrained unqualified pure-bred English people to work in Eastern Europe as electricians and plumbers etc they wouldn't have the faintest idea what they were doing either.

Tell me - would that be because they were English, or because they were untrained and unqualified?

This lot are far worse than UK cowboys. Most of the UK cowboys I encounter have a modicum of the legislative requirements. At this property they even used gloss paint for gas sealant. How about the TRV's fitted to both ends of the radiators.
Is there something fundamentally different about how hot water works in Poland? Would TRVs at both ends be the way to go over there?

Or would it be just as shoddy?

I know this won't lodge in your rancid little racist brain, but they didn't put TRVs on both ends, or use gloss paint as gas sealant because they were Polish.

Sponsored Links
I have a life, and a jolly good one it is too.

Typical of a racist though to try and deflect criticism by implying that it's not that important....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back