Is room taking too long to warm up?

Sponsored Links
A Raspberry Pi is for kids to fart around
It can do much more than that implies. R Pi heating controllers and home automation systems are already available. It won't be long before R Pi equivalents of the Evohome, Hive and Nest are available.

As for only measuring the temperature in one location, that's true of any thermostat.

A Raspberry Pi is for kids to fart around
It can do much more than that implies. R Pi heating controllers and home automation systems are already available. It won't be long before R Pi equivalents of the Evohome, Hive and Nest are available.

As for only measuring the temperature in one location, that's true of any thermostat.

Google this Buster!! '
'Black Bulb'!!!........

22:00 today.

Heating now on for the next 24 hours controlled to 20 degrees.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
please also keep a note of the outdoor temperatures during your tests.

I'm not sure how that could be construed as DIY gas work?

I will not touch gas pipes or anything to do with Gas as I am not trained and value my life and that of my family and neighbours.

@PullerGas Dickie in @bhm1712 defence it is nothing to do with gas works. I challenged all those that think that 24/7 heating is more economical than a timed system. I offered to post up pics of the meter readings for 2 days from 22:00. One with heating timed and one with it 24/7 with only TRV and room stat controls.

@bhm1712 my apologies for not posting sooner as I was busy last night but I did take the reading. I actually didn't take the external temp but it was about 4C so similar to yours. My first test is with it timed, as we normally use it, and with the room stat set to 21C, again as we normally use it.

My system is a combi boiler so there will be additional gas used for hot water consumption but this is a pretty similar pattern in a daily basis so won't skew the results.

It may be interesting to have system details on here too so that it can be seen what controls exist.

Mine is an Ariston Aco 27Kw combi. I removed my nest for this so a standard mechanical room stat set to 21C. Boiler stat set for a flow temp of 70C. My time periods are set to ON/OFF 06:00/08:30 and ON/OFF 15:30/21:00. Rads all have TRVs apart from hall way. 3 story town house 14 years old brick construction with full insulation everywhere. Front and rear elevation is east and west so windows sheltered from sun for the the best part of the day.

Please excuse the crap quality of the picture but it was raining lol. The missing digit from the flash is 5 but that won't change anyway.

DSC_0214.JPG

edit due to not attaching pic

Jon

No problems !

My system is :

British Gas "330" condensing boiler 24kw.

Flow set also for 70 degrees, Siemens RDJ10RF thermostat set to 20 degrees. It's a 2 story detached house with full cavity wall and loft insulation, 1968 built with brick and tile construction. Front and rear also east and west facing. All downstairs radiators have TRV's and all bar 2 bathroom radiators upstairs have TRV's. Just last month had an auto bypass fitted as was a manual bypass previously which was passing a lot of water directly to return and a removal of a unrestricted joint between flow and return upstairs which has made it all work a lot better!

We also use a gas hob so some gas useage will be the hob.

This first 24 hours for me is on all the time.

Tonight's 22:00 reading.

1.246 degrees C OAT.

So 11 metres cubed including a tiny bit of hob use.

Next 23 hours on timer 06:00-08:30 and 15:30 - 21:00 to make it fair (but still 20 degrees set point)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 108

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back