Is this a Gas or Water Copper pipe ?

As far as I am concerned:

The job is never to small for me
The quote may be too big for some

Sponsored Links
The only site worth looking at for finding tradesmen is the one run by trading standards in my opinion.
Try googling " buy with confidence "

Sponsored Links
As far as I am concerned:

The job is never to small for me
The quote may be too big for some

Is that when you price a job that you don't really want to do? I have had 3 quotes from the job a posted last night. £20 a difference between them.

Gassure register site was showing 2 guys 1/2 a mile from my house as well tho.

The only site worth looking at for finding tradesmen is the one run by trading standards in my opinion.
Try googling " buy with confidence "

Tried than one last night too but coudlnt get it to display any engineer in my area but think i was using the search incorrectly.

Can't you ask the installer who did the boiler change, they may know what it is.

Daniel.

It was more than two year ago that had central heating put in, but I did try find contact details few weeks ago but could only mind a surname and area they where based, but google search came up with few possible companies with similar names. that was as far as I took it to be honest. Usual leave things to the last minute.

undo the cap..if it pishes gas out its a gas pipe!....

i did try turning the cap when i first notice it was there, but felt like the whole copper fitting was move too, so turned it back and left it.

It it's water, wear a snorkel! :LOL::LOL::LOL:;)

I wont be going back under they floorboards anytime soon. I will just open a window if it gets waist high. or my least until my 3 year old has to start tip toeing

That tap.....it's a Toby, isn't it? Never seen one inside before :confused:
John :)

That a bad thing then, that wont be the tap to turn of the water supply to the house? Room next to kitchen has tap in the corner which i thought was water supply.

Is that when you price a job that you don't really want to do? I have had 3 quotes from the job a posted last night. £20 a difference between them.

Gassure register site was showing 2 guys 1/2 a mile from my house as well tho.

No,funnily enough, I am probably in a minority in that if I don't want a job, I just say so. If you go round quoting stupid prices,you just get a rep for being (even more) expensive.

How much were the quotes? And how did they quote for a random length of string? Interested to know how this CAT caper works in practice.

I will normally give a fixed price for a job after asking many questions.

Gas is actually easier to work on because the pipes can be soldered which is not the case with those full of water.

But like most others, hardly go anywhere for less than £45.

And for anything significant like diagnosing boiler faults then will be more.

I know that I can do small pipework modifications to gas pipes quickly.

Pipes with heating or potable water need to be drained before soldering.

After soldering they have to be refilled and for heating need to be refilled and the system bled. For those jobs I charge an extra £60 to drain and refill and bleed.

It's obvious that you haven't a clue Tony , reading your posts and the mannerism to which there written is proof alone..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back