is this roof a pukka job?

Cotswold thanks for the reply I have not used this rubber do you rate it, I mean is it more durable than it looks ? ps. you need to look again at that photo if you think its a stand alone roof :eek:

Sponsored Links
Daterbal, We have fitted a lot of these roofs, I get good prices for materials, from one of the biggest suppliers,

We do too mate, but you want to be charging around 1k for that roof. You work hard to source cheaper supplier prices but that's to help the business, not the customer.

MW, your right, it should be about 1k, problems we have here, theres a lot of them doing it now.
A lot of the Builders Merchants are stocking it , some of the stuff isnt Firestone products, especially the glues, the Merchants tell me quite a few builders are using it, when I asked about the training etc, their reply is you dont need it, we have a video for them to watch, how do you compete with that, although they can do a straight forward roof, without the training they will come unstuck when it comes to detail work.
Catlad, I didnt notice any upstands on the roof, and yes I do rate the epdm, I think its a good roofing system.

We've done a bit of EPDM and it seems to work ok for us, mind you that's using skilled operatives who know how to detail, the only bugger is the weight of the stuff when you buy it cut to fit and it isn't a small roof, would need a bleedin crane for the 1000sqft roll!

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I don't need to worry. (It was a frozen puddle this morning!)

We paid just over £2000 for it. They spent a solid 2 days with 2 guys on it. The roof is about 3mx4m and is attached to the house. (Extension to the lounge.)

They also did the guttering & put new insulation in.

Sounds like we might have overpaid a bit but we got three quotes & all were within 60 quid of each other so we couldn't really do much more than that. I hate getting quotes. I feel I wasted the time of two firms. :( (Especially as in this case they all seemed capable to me.)

I dont think youve overpaid, the price I quoted earlier didnt include the stripping, as without looking wouldnt know how hard the existing would take to remove.
Also youve had new facias, insulation included.
Plus your London prices, Im out in the sticks prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back