Jack Monroe to sue MP Lee Anderson

...but only one side published a libellous slur. He had the chance to retract but doubled down

i think it depends on how you look at it, she has used being poor and the poor to elevate her life and income, so in a technical instance is it really libelous?

i dont care either way, i admire what she's doing and reading her wiki page she seems to be a tremendous person,

i'm even looking at buying some of her books as they are up me and misses turbo's street.

Sponsored Links
i think it depends on how you look at it, she has used being poor and the poor to elevate her life and income, so in a technical instance is it really libelous?

i dont care either way, i admire what she's doing and reading her wiki page she seems to be a tremendous person, however she has let her political stances get in the way of some of the comments she made towards lee in the first instance. i dont know who who started off the bickering between the 2 of them, but it does seem that Lee isnt a terrible guy himself.
Lee Anderson made the comment not Jack Monroe

If she didnt earn any money from what she does, she wouldnt be able to campaign to help the poor

Lee Anderson

yes of course her political stance has driven her comments -she is anti poverty not sure she has any political affiliation

zero comparison

Lee Anderson is part of the government that has spent the last 12 years with policies that have massively increased inequality in the UK

Lee Anderson voted for brexit making this country worse off and food dearer

Lee Anderson repeatedly voted for benefit cuts

Zero comparison
You're letting your anti brexit bias remove your objectivity.

I should say, I support Lee Anderson for helping out at a food bank -good on him for that

Jack Monroe would do more for her campaign by meeting p with Lee Anderson than suing him

we need less division, not more

Sponsored Links
...but only one side published a libellous slur. He had the chance to retract but doubled down

How can saying someone is making a "fortune" be libellous and calling someone a "rich, white privileged male" not be?

Lee Anderson voted for brexit making this country worse off and food dearer

Not this again.. Did brexit cause high inflation in America as well?

it is fact not bias

it is true, brexit makes food more expensive, it makes thing more expensive for the poorer
How has Brexit alone made food more expensive?

Is Brexit the cause of fuel and energy bills going up so much? Is brexit the cause of the huge leap in inflation every country across Europe has been on the recieving end of? Is Brexit the cause of the above inflation increase in the minimum wage? Is Brexit the cause of covid and the subsequent knock effects to all economies around the world? Is Brexit the cause of the Ukraine being invaded by Russia and therefore unable to supply its agricultural goods around the world?

Brexit may be a contributor, but it is not the overriding factor.

When some people believe something to be true, so strongly, they look only for evidence that supports their position. It therefore becomes hard for them to see their opinion as anything other than fact.

From what I've read of comments attributed to JM she is a political campaigner and hates everything Tory and gives out as good as she gets. She also knows this is doing wonders for her brand and business.

So Lee Anderson is punching down when he defends himself against Jack Monroe who is criticising his view about promoting teaching basic cooking skills and budgeting?

Both these people are trying to promote the same thing, ie people being able to provide for themselves on a low income. The only difference is Jack Monroe wants to help them with cookery and handouts, where Lee Anderson wants to help them with cookery and budgeting.
Of course he is. He's a bloody MP.

As for trying to do the same thing, they aren't. He was saying that the problem is generations of families not knowing how to cook. She's saying that benefits are too low. Which is to say: she's pushing for higher benefits levels and he's against that.

She also hasn't implied that he's a parasite that's built a fortune by taking money from the poorest. Which he did. Which is why he's being sued for libel, and which is why she'll win. Hopefully Anderson will just apologize rather than go bankrupt like Hopkins.

Last edited:
How has Brexit alone made food more expensive?

I think you may have misread -I didnt suggest it was the only cause.

have a look at the impact of the additional brexit red tape:
sanitary and phytosanitary controls
customs declaration
transit documents

here is a simple example:
a fruit and vegetable wholesaler buys mushrooms from Poland 3 times a week

he has to use a customs agent now to sort out all the documentation
and because of the customs checks it takes an extra 24 hours in transit -that reduces the freshness of the mushrooms and increases wastage

hauliers have ramped up prices for the journey across the Calais Dover route because the delays cost a fortune, not to mention long delays means fresh goods go off faster

did you know as an EU member the UK had fully integrated supply chains across Europe, any British business could import seamlessly
and now there are massive problems with non tariff barriers

Last edited:
the spectator is virtually run by no10 -people who work at spectator are related to people who work in govt
:ROFLMAO:

Do they have new staff then? last time you mentioned this it was based on the fact that Mary Wakefield was a commissioning editor and was married to Dominic Cummings.

Do they have new staff then? last time you mentioned this it was based on the fact that Mary Wakefield was a commissioning editor and was married to Dominic Cummings.
James Forsyth
Charles Moore
Fraser Nelson

all closely connected to no10 and no11

Sponsored Links
Back