Just had a boiler installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I,ve just had a boiler installed by a firm. However I have noticed as the flue passes through the wall its in contact with the wall insulation. The plumber said this was ok as it's only the inner duct that gets warm. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick reply. Can t flue gases get to like 200 degress c or tempertures like that though?

not in a steamer (condensing) boiler

and you still have the air gap between the inner and outer flue pipes

as said its the inner that gets warm

the outer pipe is the air intake ;)

Sponsored Links
lues :) ravenheat csi primary A boilers had (or have) alloy (metal) internal flues , acidic flue gases/condensate , yes , tell me about it !!!

Ok ok ok.... I get the message, but I don't really class ideals as boilers :LOL:

So basically they are boilers that will die before the alloy corrodes through... :)

Ok an over reason I ask is because it was a telescopic flue that the installed. However he said that this was missing the sealing tape that secures the telescopic joint but he used some high strength tape he had in the van instead as he said it would be Ok as it was only to stop movement of the telescopic part that falls in the wall.

Inner tube of concentric flue is usually plastic, and seals the same way as pushfit waste pipe.
Outer tube is metal on metal, and therefore not gastight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back