Krend For First Time - Score It Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had someone do the rendering on my house - The cost of labour was £35 a square metre so in total 3.5K - They finished about a week ago and I am not completely happy

Am I being fussy or is this not acceptable finish - I guess i am after a score out of 10

Surprisingly for me

1) they did use HP12 to the right thickness as onthe data sheet from Krend
2) The did use a mesh coat
3) The top coat is more like 4mm thick and scraped rather than 10mm - I know that because of the number of bags that were used

Does this job look tidy ? Its patchy and some large scrapes

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.24.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.23.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.21.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.19.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.19 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.18.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.17.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-24 at 21.15.18 (1).jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bl**dy *ell - they're mucky workers. They need to come back and do a proper clean up at the very least! There is no way they should leave so many lumps of render on roofs and gutters let alone have they skimped on the render they have applied.

When my cottage was done in 2001 the company covered every surface they could have render drips falling on it was covered in plastic sheeting.

May be the photos, but doesn’t look quite right to me. Meant to be a totally uniform scratched back finish, yours looks like it’s got loads of shiny smooth bits

Sponsored Links
They applied a 2mm coat of top coat - I was buying the material - Should have used 100 bags instead used 20! The top coat is not scratched properly and has gouges in it

And of course I am being hassled to pay because they need the money - Seriously how do tradesmen end up like this

Invite the local K-rend rep out for their opinion and both abide by that.

It’s normally 2 coats of about 9mm for this stuff, allowing loads of scratch back of the top coat without going anywhere near the base coat.
Why the hell did they think it was a 2mm top coat, did you know they were inexperienced when you agreed to it?

Also, do you know what thickness the beads are? They’ve ruled it out level with the beads so that should tally with the number of bags used, regardless of how thick each coat is.

It’s normally 2 coats of about 9mm for this stuff, allowing loads of scratch back of the top coat without going anywhere near the base coat.
Why the hell did they think it was a 2mm top coat, did you know they were inexperienced when you agreed to it?

Also, do you know what thickness the beads are? They’ve ruled it out level with the beads so that should tally with the number of bags used, regardless of how thick each coat is.
Recently been on a job where the render did have a 2mm finish. It wasn't K-Rend, but a similar system, Italian I think, with the base coat about 12-15mm of one material and the finish coat of 2mm silicone based.

The guy made it dead flat with the base, which then meant the top coat was dead flat too. Lovely finish, I think I'll start to specify it more, but like most things it's always down to the skill and care of the bloke doing it.

Yeah fair point, there are different systems and my answer is was a bit too focussed on the Weber/k rend mono stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back