Blown render!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie said:
jbonding said:
masona said:
legs-akimbo said:
I hope you see this post and come back on, I have a thousand questions to ask ;)
Please start another thread, I'm lost here :LOL:

masona i agree, this thread i think either started about pva or waterproofer and has gone on and on.if i was anyone else and had an opinion on rendering i would steer clear, its become a slanging match between me freddie and legs and doesnt help the forum, but giving advise does. so i shall carry on and accept the abuse,lol

Good thats nice of you jbonding :LOL:

more abuse,lol

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Mick Leek said:
Do you think we should re open this thread ??? :D

And why not!

In January I rendered the outside of a large bungalow which the builder had kindly scratch coated using waterproofer....It was a living nightmare!!!! :mad:
If you put on a wall by 11am it was not ready to napp properly by 8 or nine that evening. Napping is a fully floated wall that you use an open sponge to bring up a stipple effect on the mortar surface. We ennded up being forced to put on walls and rule them in the late afternoon and first thing in the morning they were ok for floating and then napping.
This week we have napped the exterior of a slightly smaller bungalow in three days, on a non waterproofed scratch.....just the way it should be.
I need to post up a picture of the reveal bands for the guy who asked me how to form them, I had not forgotten, just keep forgetting to pick up batteries every morning at the garage for my camera, sorry, will remember in the morning I promise. :LOL:
O and J.B. I saw you having a dig somewhere on another thread about Freddies magic paint, its called a STABILLISER and is widely sold in Ireland, which if I recall is more or less what Freddie said it was, a pre paint solution. Just thought I would mention it ;)

Whe Hey...

I knew i would reel you in with this thread Legs :D

Nice to see you in the land of the living again....

Regards

Mick

twitcher said:
on thwe subject of blown render why not use a good quality wire lath

twitcher this is page 2

mix up the unibond with some cement and a handfull of sand and apply with a roller and let it dry, make sure you rake the joints this is the key.
or fix eml .

but it took 23 pages :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back