Blown render!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I am not knocking people with qualifications only those who CLAIM to have them yet show over and over they know nothing, as if this makes them something they clearly are not. Maybe I would have benefitted from going to college, I will never know but having said that I have yet to meet a man who knows as much and can do as much as me ...including stuff I learnt in different countries that I will probably never use again. If it is a p***ing match you want you are wasting your time...you are too much of a coward to even admit you dont know how to form a Quoin but would rather make up a pathetic lame exscuse to body swerve the question at the now twenty eighth time of asking. Swallow your pride and I will gladly tell you how with out gloating it may come in usefull one day.
Why if you went to college did they not teach you what harling or wet dashing is which by your own admission you had not even heard of :eek: . It is a basic fundemental practice and you did not even know what it was and even in another thread advised a man to spread mortar at 4-5mm for for dry dashing ...What a joke, that is a thick skim, just shows what you know...NOTHING.
I am working all the time and every day but as you rarely step out of your bedsit you may not be aware that it is the depths of winter and the days are short, cold and wet. In the spring it is a more pleasent experience being a plasterer on jobs that take around a month to complete...So are you up for the challenge or not J.Bonding ???

Sponsored Links
legs-akimbo said:
Firstly I am not knocking people with qualifications only those who CLAIM to have them yet show over and over they know nothing, as if this makes them something they clearly are not. Maybe I would have benefitted from going to college, I will never know but having said that I have yet to meet a man who knows as much and can do as much as me ...including stuff I learnt in different countries that I will probably never use again. If it is a p***ing match you want you are wasting your time...you are too much of a coward to even admit you dont know how to form a Quoin but would rather make up a pathetic lame exscuse to body swerve the question at the now twenty eighth time of asking. Swallow your pride and I will gladly tell you how with out gloating it may come in usefull one day.
Why if you went to college did they not teach you what harling or wet dashing is which by your own admission you had not even heard of :eek: . It is a basic fundemental practice and you did not even know what it was and even in another thread advised a man to spread mortar at 4-5mm for for dry dashing ...What a joke, that is a thick skim, just shows what you know...NOTHING.
I am working all the time and every day but as you rarely step out of your bedsit you may not be aware that it is the depths of winter and the days are short, cold and wet. In the spring it is a more pleasent experience being a plasterer on jobs that take around a month to complete...So are you up for the challenge or not J.Bonding ???

bring the thread up.where do you live? do you think if you went to college you would of learnt more? ie why certain things go where and why.

I think I remember legs saying he's from my families home county Mayo.

Take him up on his offer JB, you'd love it out there!!! I might even join you so I can learn something and say hello to my cousins at the same time :p

What the hell is Wibbly Wobbly on about :?:

J bonding no I dont really think I would have learnt anymore than I know, One thing I have learnt over the years is that theoretical and practical are often poles apart. My Partner (work that is) served his college time and is/was one of the best plasterers to come out of Nottingham but he had to be a dog willing to learn many a new trick and he is not and never will be better or faster than me, and he certainly overall is not more on the ball with regards to differing practices. One thing that is apparent is the fact that theoretically you may well learn many aspects from behind a desk that will never ever be used in a working environment that uses quick fix cheap methods in 95% of new work.
A prime example is the young fella who needed advice about some ashlar workon this forum. He may pass the theoretical test with flying colours but could easily go his whole working life without a single first hand experience of what he sat as a test as a nipper and would be clean forgotten in a wink of an eye.
Dougal house if ever you wanted to spend a little time out here I would be only to happy to show you a thing or two if you wanted a couple of weeks experience, The pay is lousy, I shout alot but you will learn more in a few days than all the time in the world from any forum.
J.Bonding you have neither accepted or declined my challenge!.

Sponsored Links
Wibbly wobbly ....I glanced through your post but when I have a little more time want to read and digest what you are saying a little further.
I would very much like to pick your brains about renovating in France, I spent a couple of years in France in a small place called Couilly Pont Aux dame a few miles outside of Paris and I love France. We are (me and the queer one) heading out on a fact finding mission some time next year as I would love to buy out there..I would move at the drop of a hat but with three wee uns its not so easy.
What sort of place did you buy? where did you buy ...I quite fancy Brittany or the Limousin. Are you plannining on moveing out full time.
I hope you see this post and come back on, I have a thousand questions to ask ;) and will gladly answer any of your own...Once I have got my head fully around the method you described earlier. Sounds similair to much of what they do here but rather more complex.

When you were labouring to me you owed me money so I couldnt shout.
If you worked for me and I owed you money...I would shout.

No not really I would just sh*t in your sndwiches :LOL:

cheers legs,

I might take you up on that, I'm hoping to visit some family near Castlebar early summer next year. I'll bring my tools and look you up! ;)

legs-akimbo said:
J bonding no I dont really think I would have learnt anymore than I know, One thing I have learnt over the years is that theoretical and practical are often poles apart. My Partner (work that is) served his college time and is/was one of the best plasterers to come out of Nottingham but he had to be a dog willing to learn many a new trick and he is not and never will be better or faster than me, and he certainly overall is not more on the ball with regards to differing practices. One thing that is apparent is the fact that theoretically you may well learn many aspects from behind a desk that will never ever be used in a working environment that uses quick fix cheap methods in 95% of new work.
A prime example is the young fella who needed advice about some ashlar workon this forum. He may pass the theoretical test with flying colours but could easily go his whole working life without a single first hand experience of what he sat as a test as a nipper and would be clean forgotten in a wink of an eye.
Dougal house if ever you wanted to spend a little time out here I would be only to happy to show you a thing or two if you wanted a couple of weeks experience, The pay is lousy, I shout alot but you will learn more in a few days than all the time in the world from any forum.

legs you would of learnt more it makes sense, i dont think your lads would like me to be shouting out the orders so i will decline your offer,thanks.i was taught thousands of things through my life which ive never had the opertunity to use, but sometimes they pop up. if you were taught it ,its usefull.

Freddie said:
jbonding said:
legs-akimbo said:

legs you would of learnt more it makes sense, i dont think your lads would like me to be shouting out the orders so i will decline your offer,thanks.i was taught thousands of things through my life which ive never had the opertunity to use, but sometimes they pop up. if you were taught it ,its usefull.

Pity they didnt teach you NEVER to use PVA outside then or was you in solitary when you had your training :LOL:

like i've said before freddie stick to knocking up mdf fire surrounds in your shed and leave the stuff outside the shed to profesionals or ring legs,lol

legs-akimbo said:
I hope you see this post and come back on, I have a thousand questions to ask ;)
Please start another thread, I'm lost here :LOL:

masona said:
legs-akimbo said:
I hope you see this post and come back on, I have a thousand questions to ask ;)
Please start another thread, I'm lost here :LOL:

masona i agree, this thread i think either started about pva or waterproofer and has gone on and on.if i was anyone else and had an opinion on rendering i would steer clear, its become a slanging match between me freddie and legs and doesnt help the forum, but giving advise does. so i shall carry on giving advise and accept the abuse,lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back