Laminate flooring the edgy bits... part deux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick one..

When laying the underlay to the edge of the skirting can it be firm to the edge or does it have to have a 10mm gap for inclusion in expansion? I know the underlay wont expand or contract like the laminate will but just wanted to check if i could fit underlay firm to the edge without worrying about it.

Also would it be wise to lay all underlay and cover the whole floor(thinking of doing whole of downstairs approx 35sqm 5 different rooms or lay underlay as i go?

Last one and this ain't looking so quick now but I am not sure how I am going to put the flat beading down around the toilet? do you put it down around the toilet?

Sponsored Links
Lay the underlayment as you go otherwise you will rip it when walking over it too much.
Lay it as far as you can to the walls, no need to keep expansion gap for underlayment.

Flat beading around a toilet pan will be difficult. If possible remove toilet pan before installing floor and place the pan back afterwards, sealing the pan to floor with silicon. If not possible to remove toilet pan, leave expansion gpa around pan and use silicon (=flexible)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back