Leaking Flapper

Ask as many questions as you like mate. Bear in mind the toilet pan always remains in place ,so even when you have the cistern off ,a big bucket full of water can be used to manually " flush " by just pouring it into the pan ,if needs be. You mentioned the fill valve was separated when you purchased it ,that's unusual .everyone I have fitted was pre assembled ,and I have fitted loads of them. They are height adjustable ,so they do extend.the little plastic clip secures it once you set the height ,quite Important that. If the two parts can pull apart they surely will when water pressure is applied.

Sponsored Links
It's in tight now so hopefully ok.

Have attached the part I'm talking about and where it was separated.

They are two separate bits of plastic.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20180117_214237918~01.png
    IMG_20180117_214237918~01.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 66
Ah ,that's the float and housing with connecting rod to the lever at the top.the float should move freely up and down .I thought you meant the vertical telescopic section. !!!

Cool.

I thought it was just odd the float housing was in two bits and I had to fit them together which required a bit of a squeeze. Sounds good though so all systems go once I have the new bolts and washers for the cistern.

Sponsored Links
The set of bolts with lots of washers etc is the one you need. I can't open the link re read more bit ,don't know why !!! And there is no metal plate in your set up. I don't think screwfix do a donut washer on its own ,they do it as part of a kit ( code 84958), but any plumbers merchant will, or " tool station " if you have one near you ,their code is 39353 price £ 1.17

Hi,

Isn't there a donot washer in the kit I bought. In the photo?

No .only two big black washers come with the flush valve , as it can be used for two cistern types ,the hole in bottom of cisterns can be different sizes, so they give you a washer for each.you use the one that suits yours. The other one is not used.

Found it on tool station and have one near me.

Was also going to get 51104 if that is correct.

51104 t/ station ,is OK , but I thought you already got the same set already from s/fix..either suppliers is ok

Toolstation didn't have the donut washer on it own so just ordered this

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p85615?table=no

I think i read above I don't need the plate.

Without sounding too stupid but i just need a 1/2 inch rubber seal for the flexi. Can someone share a link to one on toolstation please.

EDIT

They look different to what i wanted . as in.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Pl...835/Bolt+Through+Cistern+Connector+Kit/p51104

I'll just order 51104 and the donut on its own and take the kits with the plate back.

Last edited:
Code 38969 t/station . these will do most even though described as " shower hose washer " .The flexi hose mating surface vary a bit ,so the diameter of the hole in the middle of the washer can be a bit of a tight fit on some.

Great thanks.

Am going to get the attached over the weekend.

upload_2018-1-18_20-24-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-18_20-24-13.png
    upload_2018-1-18_20-24-13.png
    53 KB · Views: 52
All looks good, got a decent size sponge to get the cistern emptied ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back