LED TV from fused switched spur but TV doesn't have earth?

sparkwright

You're probably right, I might be best to go to a little effort to dig back this cable a bit and attach a 13a plug to it, just plugging it in to this socket. Seems 'bout the best plan

Sponsored Links
Then make the existing socket a switched fused spur.

Alternatively, assess what's involved in coming from the saniflow unit.

I'm not sure what your knowledge in electrical installation is though, as it may not be as easy as you think.

Thanks for all your input, i've got a better idea now. Wish I was just a bit better clued up in examining the electrics and where/how they're ran

My original idea was making that socket the switched fused spur but it would seem less than ideal now because of my two core flex, unless I completely rip it out and change it for 2.5 T&E. Not easy though.

Sticking a plug on it is perhaps best

No reason you can't wire a 2 core flex into the 'load' side of a switched fused spur if the tv doesn't require an earth.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back