Lighting - 1.5mm2 or 1mm2 for switched line?

I have had a wall chaser for years and it's the best thing you will ever use, you can mince about all day with a hammer and bolster, or get white finger by bouncing around on the back of a sds / kango all you want, but the shaser will make a neater chase in a fraction of the time which is infinatly easier to plaster over and make it dissapear. I have used both methods and it's the chaser EVERY time. infact if it wasn't connected to a tidy vac, just a bog standard one, the time you save on making the chase can be used to clean up after yourself.

Sponsored Links
The other thing I decided was that I really do need to find my ear defenders....

Is that wall chaser also handy for sinking metal boxes into the wall?

I believe they can be, but can be awkward if the location is close to the floor, in a corner etc....

Sponsored Links
Thanks b-a-s. What I need is something to speed up my box placements, get the edges nice and square; hence the angle grinder thoughts. Chasing the cables isn't too bad with hammer & chisel, and I will largely be using the existing locations for the drops to the light switches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back