London bombings how dreadful......

Sponsored Links
its trully dreadful. when u think of it beyond just X amount of people hurt and actually think of the suffering of the injured and trapped.
and the sad loss of live and their relatives

That was close, happened 2 trains behind me, phew personally, cannot even comprehend what those w@nker5 aim to achieve.

Well you got to admit it was only a matter of time before they attacked
and i cant see it being the last manchester will be next

Sponsored Links
My feeling go out to all those affected by this cowardly act.

can't believe how lucky I am, it's my day off and I work at Liverpool St Stn.

Salem.

As I said in my other post, arrived into KX at 9.10am just as underground being evacuated by Police. Stuck in the office, not supposed to go out, and wondering if/when I will get home?

B.O.B DOLE said:
Well you got to admit it was only a matter of time before they attacked
and i cant see it being the last manchester will be next

I agree, but one can't help but wonder if Britains involvement in Iraq has made us even more of a target, if so Thanks Mr Bliar. If we spent as much money on home security as we have on Iraq we would perhaps be better protected.

A very sad time for those that have lost friends and family, our thoughts are with you.

I am very shocked that it happened in London today when 8 of the most important people in the world were in Scotland. Element of surprise, I suppose...

Will the demonstrators in Scotland do the right thing and go home, so we can bring emergency services down to London where they are needed?

I'm not sure if Manchester really needs to worry just yet. London was targeted because it is the centre of the British economy, our first city, our figurehead. It's the heart and soul of the country. If they were to make a second attack, I reckon it would be on London again.

If they were to choose a second English city it would probably be Birmingham, as this would cause more disruption to the economy than an attack on Manchester.

It's a dreadful dreadful thing, and I hope they catch the evil c**ts who did this, ALIVE.

Assuming this is an Islamic Terrorist thing, designed to play out on the world stage (unlike the old IRA days when stuff like this was for UK consumption), then London's probably as far as it will get.

The average American being told that a bomb has gone off in Birmingham may as well be told that one has gone off in Ulaan Batar, for all that the name will mean to them.

AdamW said:
Will the demonstrators in Scotland do the right thing and go home, so we can bring emergency services down to London where they are needed?

These evil, twisted b******s obviously planned this when security would be reduced or less focused in London during this week. As the security services have been very busy looking after these very 'important' men in Scotland!!!! :rolleyes:

Totally. The Olympic win was a bonus for the terrorists, the terrorists are giving the message "Look at the UK, it's unsafe, we control it, we'll bomb tourists!"

I pray that these weren't suicide bombers. If they're dead, they can't be punished. And in the eyes of their associates, they would be martyrs.

Assuming they are an Al Qaeda cell, someone will know something. They'll belong to a mosque, quite likely they won't be showing up tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a comprehensive list of suspects by Friday evening.

Listened to the news reports about the web site of the people claiming responsibility saying "Britain is shaking with fear". Went out to get a sarnie and life on my local London high street was business as usual. Feel so proud of my fellow Londoners - we won't let them frighten us. Bit like what I imagine the 'blitz spirit' was like

sparkybird said:
Listened to the news reports about the web site of the people claiming responsibility saying "Britain is shaking with fear". Went out to get a sarnie and life on my local London high street was business as usual. Feel so proud of my fellow Londoners - we won't let them frighten us. Bit like what I imagine the 'blitz spirit' was like

More a case of shaking with RAGE in the majority i think.

Well, it all depends how you look at it. Rage is not really a useful thing, nor really is horror. Things like this happen evry single day somewhere. Noticeably quite a lot in Iraq. I presume the whole city there does not grind to a halt just because another bomb has gone off. People get used to it. Happened every day here too, 60 years ago.

People are shocked because it is not supposed to happen to us, here. Wrong reaction. As a country we signed up for the get tough message and this should not be a surprise. This was a political choice which we made, and the result was predictable.

I noticed the prime minister expressed himself profoundly shocked and horrified. Why? He, above all should be accustomed to casualty figures going across his desk every week. Those don't count? it was his right to choose to go to war, but he should long ago have accepted what that meant. Londoners lives are more valuable?

Sponsored Links
Back